Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 9:11:38 AM EDT
Only a bit over a month left to get in on one of the 2 Appleseed projects scheduled for WY this year. The Guernsey shoot would be the closest for those in Utah. Please see this link for more info: http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/articles.asp  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell me more about these "appleseed" shoots ifin ya would. Never heard of em or Fred before.

Guernsey is about a 90 min drive from here
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Shrike 9 - glad to see you have an interest. The best description of the program is that it is a workshop for rifle shooters - a good description can be found at this web site  - http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/articles.asp  and by checking out Shotgun News - the section where Fred's Stocks advertises. The main emphasis as I see it is to provide an opportunity to 1. recruit new shooters (riflemen) and introduce them to their rifles and how to shoot them is an user friendly and controlled/safe enviroment. It is not a competation as you are only competing with yourself to develop a mastery of your chosen rifle and 2. to provide an opportunity for experienced riflemen to sharpen their skills and pass on to others their experiences. A byproduct of the project would appear to be to have some fun with others of similar interests. Very inexpensive registration for a two day workshop. You can bring you favorite rifle ( not sure about  50 BMG's) and use any sighting system you want - the outline is explained in the material on Fred's web site. This is the second year of the program in Wyoming - Wyoming was the inagural site last year. Bring a friend or two or more especially younger shooters as it will be a great enviroment for them to learn rifle sjkills in.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
After reading the info on Freds website, going to the forum and then stumbelling across the "Free Wyoming" website I'm really leary of showing up.

It might be a good program based on excellent training, but some of the stuff I've read makes me think they could possibly be some kind of wacko fringe milita group only not as pronounced as other groups.

The cost for the 2 day class is excellent and it looks like they do some good training, but the motavies behind it are what concerns me.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Only one shoot has anything to do with the Wy project. I don't think this group would qualify for a membership card in the militia organizations of America.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top