Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 1:09:52 AM EDT
www.impactguns.com.

Looks like they took over the old Shooting World store. I heard that today was actually the first day. Not sure about this though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!  I'll have to go check 'em out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:08:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah same here. We've got a branch office on Emerald and Mitchell, I'm sure there are going to be problems with the 'puters today.........
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I know where I'm going today.  Thanks Spiff.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Theres not a whole lot there yet. Some optics, TAC gear, Blackhawk gear and some cleaning stuff. Also some Magpul and Fobus stuff as well as a bit of ammo. There were people shooting so the range is open.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just there.  Ditto to what Spiff said.  The guy I talked to seemed nice.  It might turn out to be a pretty good store.  I just like the fact that the indoor range is open again.  I'll probably go over there tomorrow night and put a few rounds through the new Glock.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks promising.  The range prices are less than Shooting World.  Maybe we can get a regular thing going.

I spent some time talking to Ryan.  He's the manager and he's one of us.    Those are his AR's on the shelf.  In fact he wants to go whistle pigging and I told him we have a couple of guys that would love to go.

Make sure you mention ARFCOM when you talk to him.  He was thinking he might do an ARFCOM shoot for us on the range.  He's interested in starting a 3-gun or something other than IPSC because he's a tactical kind of guy.  

He does lurk here and may sign up so he can chat with us.  That's pretty cool.

He let me try his AR's because he has RRA two stage triggers in both.  Very nice.  I can see one or two of those in my future.  They will be stocking RRA rifles and accesories and told me he'd make me a deal on a .458 SOCOM.  Sweet.

BTW, range prices are:

Lane fee per hour: $10
2nd shooter on lane: $6
Annual Special rate: $199
Range pass, 5: $45
Range pass, 10: $90
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there at 11:30ish  Must have just missed ya Spiff.  Did anyone catch the case price for wolf?

TAC gear made in ROC, Ill try some on though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that 50 rounds of 9mm was about 7 bucks for Wolf.  7.50 I think.  Their website has much better ammo prices.  At the store, .308 was 8.99 for 20.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I was talking .223.  I have no problem with WWB 9mm.  And I can't bump my Glock
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#10]
What, you can't??  I thought everyone bump a Glock??
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What, you can't??  I thought everyone bump a Glock??

The chance of a KB goes up exponentially when you bump a glock.  The chance is already so high, you would never want to bump it.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Another hater!?!?!?!

...awe that's it

Those with cat-like reflexes and ninja skilzcan go here for more glock related stuff.

Hennybogan, Id get over there and vote for your 21
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Getting this thread back on topic.

Anyone ask when the store would be really open, like when they'd be busting out the CIII

I did overhear that they are a Gemtech & AWC dealer.  

THey are also buy, sell, trade
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Getting this thread back on topic.

Anyone ask when the store would be really open, like when they'd be busting out the CIII

I did overhear that they are a Gemtech & AWC dealer.  

THey are also buy, sell, trade

Yea, they are waiting on BATF for their FFL.  It could be in tomorrow or in 6 weeks.  Until then they are only partly open.  And yes, they will be a class 3 dealer.  :)
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#15]
An ARFCOM member shoot eh?  I'd be all over that.

Did they have any lowers hanging around?  Or good ammo?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Did they have any lowers hanging around?  Or good ammo?

Not yet.  But I'm pretty sure they will.  Ryan shoots Lake City 68gr .223 and I expect them to carry a bunch of it.  I told him I wanted to try out several of the Lake City loads before I bougt 5,000 rounds.    
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#17]
So tested out the Glock today at Impact, and I gotta tell all the haters out there to 'go suck an egg'  Damn thats a nice gun!  If y'all didn't know me before, you might actually think I could shoot!  At ten yards  every shot was a decently tight grouping solid mass.  And this was with the 230 grain WWB.  Once I figured out the trigger, things got a little better.  It seemed a bit heavier than my BHP???  

Those guys at Impact are great.  It'll be fun to talk with them once they get more settled in.  But as usual, I was the complete idiot and called Ryan 'Jason' he looked at me like I was a few fries short of a happy meal.  

What a nice gun.  I'm looking forward to trying the Glock out on Spiff's microscopic poppers.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Right on!  I'd like to try that blaster this next Sat if you're coming.

When shooting a string of shots I let the trigger out only to the reset of the striker. You can feel it when dryfiring, makes for a quick doubletap.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#19]
You are more than welcome to!!  Shoot all you want.  We've all seen that guy's testing out the durability of the Glock by freezing it, throwing it in mud, shooting at it, that was a Glock 21, so LP, go nuts with it.  

I think I'll be able to make it Sat.  Plus I'm dying to shoot more with the Glock and then my new ChiCom.  I think it might outshoot Spiff's....  just kidding...

By the way, anybody got any knowledge of decently priced .308 for Saturday??  The stuff I know about is way too expensive.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think I'll be able to make it Sat.  Plus I'm dying to shoot more with the Glock and then my new ChiCom.  I think it might outshoot Spiff's....  just kidding...

Ahh, but Spiffs M1A is all GI except for the receiver, it was made by Armscorp. Which means it's cast. But thats the only strike against it. One of these days I'll get one of the US made forged ones, but they are spendy.

By the way, anybody got any knowledge of decently priced .308 for Saturday??  The stuff I know about is way too expensive.

Check and see if Boise Gun Company has any of the Australian or South African surplus.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#21]
BGC should have some of the battlepacks, not sure of the price.

Spiff,  Where are you from originally?  My parents came up from sacramento and were making fun of the dialect that I have picked up (without realizing it).  One of the terms is "spendy"  THey looked as if it was a completely new word and were searching for a definition!  "pricey" is more common there they told me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:33:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
BGC should have some of the battlepacks, not sure of the price.

Spiff,  Where are you from originally?  My parents came up from sacramento and were making fun of the dialect that I have picked up (without realizing it).  One of the terms is "spendy"  THey looked as if it was a completely new word and were searching for a definition!  "pricey" is more common there they told me.

I grew up in Twin Falls, not sure where I picked up "Spendy".
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:13:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
When shooting a string of shots I let the trigger out only to the reset of the striker. You can feel it when dryfiring, makes for a quick doubletap.

Of course, a REAL pistol stops the trigger just past the reset point...  but, I digress.  
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top