Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:09:43 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Tragic.  I hope that everything turns out okay.

I don't have small children in my house, nor do I expect small children to be in my house.  Even I don't like to leave a gun loaded in any case.  Just a loaded mag, seperate from the gun.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully she'll be ok if she was conscious and crying, maybe it just grazed her.

I always have mixed feelings about loaded guns in the house. I suppose it might depend on your situation. If your neighborhood or city is a war zone, perhaps a loaded gun is justified. For myself, I live in Boise Idaho. It is ten times more likely that one of my kids will find that loaded gun and play with it, even though they've been taught differently ('cause kids are kids), than it is that someone will break into my house. So I keep *no* guns loaded. I have a .45 up high on a bookcase in our bedroom and a loaded mag stashed about four feet away. I figure some bad guy is going to play hell getting in and causing problems before I have time to put the two together and make life miserable for him/her.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Luckily it was a .32 and she was shot at a steep angle. It bounced off her forehead and didn't penetrate her skull from what I gather in the news. My pistol is loaded and on my night stand. It's also in my carry holster. When the nieces and nephews come over It goes into a lockbox. As soon as my little girl starts crawling I'll buy one of those quick access safes. and keep that by the bed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate hearing stories like this one, hopefully she'll be ok.

Comments about Spiff's .45 abilities withheld as to not give the bad guys any bright ideas.
You know I love you Spiff.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Comments about Spiff's .45 abilities withheld as to not give the bad guys any bright ideas.

Hey, those damn 4" poppers are hard to hit!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#6]
stories like this is why i keep my nightstand .45 with the chamber clear.
i figure its not a big deal to rack the slide if i need it
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thats horse crap. Not only does it all sound very suspicious, the fact that they are not charging this guy is a crime in itself.

I keep my loaded .45 in my night stand when I am sleeping. When I am awake, it is either on me or on top of the fridge towards the back. I raised my girls from the time they were able to walk and communicate to know the basic kid safety rules. At 6 and 3 they both know the rules when it comes to dads guns. I have had one incident where I caught my 6yr old in the vault, hands in her pockets looking at her rifle. After the talk she has not done anything like that again. She knows she is not allowed in the vault without dad, but all she has to do is ask dad. But being raised in a family surrounded by military guys and cops, and hanging out after school in a gun store the curiosity isn't there for them. For them it is just another tool like a hammer.

Having a firearm is the right that carries with it the greatest amount of responsibility. People like this who dont keep it out of reach of kids, or people who dont educate their kids about them should pay for their mistakes.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top