Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/19/2006 10:03:05 AM EDT
Although it's a little ways from being completed I wanted to show it off.  This is from that bunch of parts that I got from Tripwire a couple weeks back.

I had the lower which is an Ameetech out of Phoenix.  Bushmaster HBAR barrel, FSB cut down and contoured, YHM free float tube, I traded one of the A2 uppers I got from him for a Rock River Flattop and Warne rings.  Colt M16 bolt and carrier, that I bought from the sale of the other A2 upper he gave me.  I chopped the butt stock sling swivel so it blends in with the countour of the stock since I won't be using a sling with it.  All I'm lacking is a lower parts kit, Jard Trigger set and a buffer tube.  I should have this finished by next weekend, minus the scope which I'm not sure what I want to put on it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice, a target rifle! Did you the instructions (or idea) on how to chop down that FSB from arfcom? I'm going to do the same thing to my HBAR, I have an A3 lower already on the way. Not sure yet about the FSB. But I bought a floating handguard at the last gun show.

Check out the Super Sniper scopes on www.riflescopes.com. Also do a search on arfcom for them. They come highly recommended by everyone who has them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the idea from a Bushy Vmatch upper I bought years ago.  They chop the FSB that way from the factory.  I was thinking about the Super Sniper scope.  I've never handled one so I'd like to check one out first though.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Very nice, a target rifle! Did you the instructions (or idea) on how to chop down that FSB from arfcom? I'm going to do the same thing to my HBAR, I have an A3 lower already on the way. Not sure yet about the FSB. But I bought a floating handguard at the last gun show.

Check out the Super Sniper scopes on www.riflescopes.com. Also do a search on arfcom for them. They come highly recommended by everyone who has them.

If you want some help with that FSB let me know.  I used the belt sander in our machine shop to do mine which made it quick and easy to do.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice gun but I've seen you shoot. You can't hit anything!

Happy Trails.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey if you throw enough lead down range you're bound to hit something!

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Happy Trails Amigo!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
members.cox.net/ms85022/texmexbang.jpg

Happy Trails Amigo!

LOL I should have know it was you!

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks good AZ.  I cant wait to finish my current build.

I keep telling myself I want an FAL or PTR91 next, but the .50 Beowulf and 6.5 Grendel keep calling my name.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Looks good AZ.  I cant wait to finish my current build.

I keep telling myself I want an FAL or PTR91 next, but the .50 Beowulf and 6.5 Grendel keep calling my name.

I hear you.  I've been contemplating a .458 SOCOM upper myself.

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you want some help with that FSB let me know.  I used the belt sander in our machine shop to do mine which made it quick and easy to do.

I'll keep that in mind AZ, thanks for the offer. I ordered a YHM Single Rail Gas Block to take the place of the stock FSB but it secures with set screws and I'm not sure how I'm going to like that. Have to wait and see.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top