Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:56:43 PM EDT
How liberal/restrictive are Montana's concealed carry laws?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#1]
They are pretty easy.  Apply for a permit and get it.  Just about the same req. as for buying a firearm.  You have to have some sort of firearms class....even hunter's safety works, and 3 refrences....which they will contact, and no criminal/mental history.  As for out of state permits, I don't know.  Packing.org has some good info on reciprocation.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, our CCW laws are very liberal. In fact, you don't even need a permit to carry concealed in 99.6% of the state. Permits are only required within city limits, which only account for .4% of the state. Also, the definition of "concealed" is :"wholly or partially covered by clothing or wearing apparel". So, even in city limits a firearm may legally be concealed in your car, purse, backpack, briefcase......ect.  The only exceptions are banks, bars and government buildings. You are not allowed to carry in those places even with a permit.
I hope that helps. If you have any more questions, let me know. I have a copy of the laws in front of me.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top