BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:10:47 PM EDT
Click here for the shocking news
Excuse me while I do the Happy Dance
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
They opened one here this year, WAAAAAY over rated, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't shit in my sundae.

The only thing Boise has in comparison is Sportsmans warehouse.  Cabelas should stomp all over Sportsmans.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
They are a good company to work for, I worked there part time for a while. They have decent benefits, All the hours you want to work (more than you want during their grand opening)

I think it is a nice store, lots of stuff to look at, but they are overpriced on alot of items.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't shit in my sundae.

The only thing Boise has in comparison is Sportsmans warehouse.  Cabelas should stomp all over Sportsmans.

Cabelas is a Sportsmans with more fluff, and higher prices on most things. They do have a larger selection of some things, like ammo. Dont count on saving much money over Sportsmans though.

FWIW, both powder and primers are cheaper at Sportsmans, than Cabelas. Bullets are a a toss up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I thought we already talked about this? Anyway, as long as the primers and powder are less or equal to that of Sportsmans I'll be happy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Having more choices is good.  And I too believe their ammo prices tend to be bettter.

Plus there from my homestate!!  YeeHaw!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought we already talked about this? Anyway, as long as the primers and powder are less or equal to that of Sportsmans I'll be happy.

Really?  Damn, musta missed it.  I was on call this weekend...missed the show & had to work a buttload of hours, saw the most water damaged house I've ever seen.

This was a brand new 225K house built in 8/05 that was about to be moved into for the first time.
Owners had a property mgt. co. taking care of it till they get here from CO.   Apparently the mgt. co. hadn't looked at it since before Decembers foggy freeze....when they set the thermostat to "cool" instead of "heat"

The freeze broke the upstairs showervalve which had been spraying water for, I imagine 3 weeks or more, dropped the livingroom/kitchen ceiling sheetrock in an area about 10x20.  The kitchen had hardwood, the real stuff, not Pergo, which had "peaks" of buckled flooring 6" high.  Every cabinet and cabinet door, passage door and even the front door were so warped they could hardly be opened or shut...(they can't shut the front door) The hinges on the doors/ cabinets and most metal I looked at was rusted.  Every peice of moulding/MDF in the house was warped, some popping off 2" or 3" from the walls.  The every wall/ceiling had mold spots 1/2" to 2" that looked like polkadots.  the spots upstairs were bright orange? The siding on the house was even visibly buckled.  It will have to be stripped to the studs.  All because of a little switch.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Really?  Damn, musta missed it.  I was on call this weekend...missed the show & had to work a buttload of hours, saw the most water damaged house I've ever seen.

This was a brand new 225K house built in 8/05 that was about to be moved into for the first time.
Owners had a property mgt. co. taking care of it till they get here from CO.   Apparently the mgt. co. hadn't looked at it since before Decembers foggy freeze....when they set the thermostat to "cool" instead of "heat"
All because of a little switch.

Major bummer for the owners. Sucks. Though maybe they'll get pissed enough to stay in CO!!

I thought that Cabelas coming to Boise was posted a few weeks ago and talked about. Maybe not. It could be that I IM'd it to Ryfter and did not post it here.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#10]
It's good to have variety, but I'll stay partial to Sportsman's.  Mostly because I like to pull for the home team.  And I bought my first gun there at the one in Meridian.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I needed a new stock but was not sure if the ones in the Cabela's catalog would fit.  So I went to the SLC Cabela's and they did not stock what they had in their catalog.  I went to Sportsman's, and they had exactly what I needed.

Cabela's must be getting really desperate for locations if they are building one in Boise.

They are building a Sportsman's in St. George BTW.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#12]
When we have Sportsmans selling wolf for $165/K and local mom & pops got 855PD for $225 any competition is good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#13]
imposter thats great news, any idea when or where?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cabela's must be getting really desperate for locations if they are building one in Boise.

Here now!! Stop that!! You'll hurt Jollyrogers feelings!!

Actually the only thing I have against Sportsmans is that they are in Meridian and I have to drive down Fairview Avenue (very busy street, at least Boise busy) to get to them or jump on the Interstate which is a pain.

I think their prices are reasonable, at least concerning what I buy, which is targets and reloading supplies. I've heard that Cabelas has a good supply of blackpowder rifles/pistols. I'd like to get a metallic cartridge rifle like a Sharps but I don't want to order it.

BTW, did I ever tell you guys that I made my own blackpowder? Goes bang pretty good to, I still need to size it to the proper "F" rating though. Right now all it's good for is cannons.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Desperate my ass.  Boise should be a good place for a Cabela's.

Although their prices may be higher on some stuff, they seem to have a wider selection.  Variety, having a choice and being able to find something locally if the other guy doesnt have it are all good things.  Because Sportsmans had your stock that one time when Cabelas didnt is a perfect example on why having both is good.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

...Right now all it's good for is cannons.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
imposter thats great news, any idea when or where?

Next to Costco.  They are still finishing up the exterior.  I think it is scheduled to open in April.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Next to Costco.  They are still finishing up the exterior.  I think it is scheduled to open in April.

Now theres a coincidence. The Cabelas coming to Boise is going to be in the building Costco used to inhabit before they moved to their new site. At least that is my understanding.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:11:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks imposter.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top