Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 1/9/2006 6:13:18 PM EDT
So I was reading the local section of the Statesman today, and saw an article about a coffee shop robbery that had been stopped by a civvy in northern ID.  The good guy was actually a boxer and pummeled the bad guy, and with the help of two others held the robber till the cops arrived.   Then they go on to talk about another robbery of a store where the  bad guy took in an unloaded air gun to rob a cigarrette store.  The clerk shot the dude 10 times with a .40 pistol.

The article had quotes in there from the sherriff advising people to not intervene with a crime in public.  Your own home is different he says, but dont try to stop would be crooks.

I say BULLSHIT!!  If more would be crooks were worried about being blasted or getting the shit kicked out of them maybe they would think twice about it.  These guys know it will be several minutes before the cops get there, a smash and grab takes no time at all.  Perhaps the sherriff should be telling people to do what they can to help, instead of standing there like a pussy watching the neighborhood 7-11 get robbed or somebody else shot, while you wait for the police.

I'm not saying that everyone should try to intervene, but I dont see why able bodied people wouldnt want to stop theives, rapists, murderers, etc., if they can.

Rant off.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
If cancer was cured tomorrow....the American Cancer Society would be out of work.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If cancer was cured tomorrow....the American Cancer Society would be out of work.

True.  That's what it sounded like from reading the article.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]
THe Desert warrior would make a fine CCW peice.

Judge, Jury and Executioner all in one
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to see the Desert Warrior in real life.  I think I'd prefer a black/parked one with gunner grips.  But lately I've been thinking about going all out for a Wilson.

You and this article both just reminded me that I need to get off my ass to get a concealed carry permit.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
From what I understand Boise Gun Company has classes every Thursday night.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#6]
BGC = $60
ADA co. CCW (377-6568) =$0.00

With the $60 dollars saved you could buy me a beer, lapdance, Hookers & Blow...ugh $60 hookers

A beer would be fine.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#7]
They have the desert warrior at Sportsmans wharehouse.  top right of the new wooden display case.  I know because i was drooling all over it this weekend while the G/F was drooling over the Kahr she's gettig.  I can't decide which one i like better, the warrior or the desert warrior.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
BGC also has the Warrior

How the hell did this go from a rant to a "Kimber Warriors are cool" thread?

Must get CCP...
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
How the hell did this go from a rant to a "Kimber Warriors are cool" thread?

Must get CCP...

Because they are!

Sorry to miss the shoot; I've been fighting the flu and the new AR's languishing in storage.  Probably working during the gun show, but am hoping to catch up with you all in the next shoot or two.

Get your CCW; ID calls it "weapon" instead of "pistol," and you can carry "dirks, daggers," and a couple other things listed in the statute.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't apply to rifles....You might have to walk with a limp with your middy down your pants but you'd be good to go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking CCP=concealed carry permit.

Hope you can make it to the 28th shoot, and I hope your Kimber can make it too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
BGC = $60
ADA co. CCW (377-6568) =$0.00

With the $60 dollars saved you could buy me a beer, lapdance, Hookers & Blow...ugh $60 hookers

A beer would be fine.

The ACSO class is great!  Very engaging and receptive.  Larry Roberson and Dale Woodcook taught the one I went to.  Maybe I'm just biased as Dale is my dad.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

+1
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top