Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:45:50 AM EDT
I’m considering a life changing event, as in chucking everything and heading off for the horizon.  I’m thinking about Wyoming, Montana or perhaps Idaho.  I’m a retired Jarhead with a recent Associates degree and a recent fed (VA) employee.  I'd be happy to do most anything, and I'm as trainable as the average ape.

Can you folks give me some info on the economy, job outlook and places to live up there?
I've been looking at the various job resources, but maybe someone has the inside scoop.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Matthew
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Matthew,

As a person who just recently moved back to Wyoming for the NW I can tell you that there are more jobs then you can shake a stick at here in WY.  Most of the jobs are related to the oil and gas industry.  They pay quite well.  If that isn't your cup of tea there are many other jobs here.  If uranium prices keep going up there is alot of talk about all the local uranium mines reopening.  Probably more jobs that I have seen in many many years.  Housing is on the rise due to all of the new workers moving into the state.  

IM me if you have any more questions.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top