Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/18/2005 11:43:10 AM EDT
I figure the best time to look for a lawyer is when you don't need one; thus, I thought I'd ask my fellow Idahoans for recomendations regarding Boise-area lawyers that are "up" on current gun laws/etc.  I have a CCW and carry frequently. Never had a problem but one of the GD threads sorta got me thinking about what I'd do if some problem arose where I had to use a firearm.  One of the first things would be to "lawyer up".  But how to do that the best way is the question I'm posing.

Thanks for any advice!

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, I don't have a lawyer. But here's a link for info www.packing.org/state/idaho/

But yeah, If you're reading that GUN CONFISCATION thread...what a trainwreck
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Yes and proof positive that half the people on ar15.com are 14 year olds.

Anyway, sorry Spudgunner, I've only used a lawyer once in my life, it was a friend of mine, and over a very minor deed transfer. And frankly I would not recommend him. Especially over something of this potential magnitude.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks luckypunk. Also, here's one listing I was able to find on the web:

Donald C. Robertson
Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-027
Tel (208) 332-6812
Fax (208) 332-6836
Internet email address: [email protected] [email protected]
Areas of practice - Education law
Bar admissions: Idaho Bar
RKBA organizational memberships: NRA, SASS

Disclaimer: I do not know this fellow and cannot vouch for him...although I like the organizations he belongs to.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:02:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Do you have a link to the thread handy?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
There is an attorney in Boise who is extremely firearms friendly.  As a matter of fact, he's also a local state representative, and often speaks at NRA CCW classes.  I apologize, but I don't recall his name at the moment.  You might contact the local NRA (always a good legal source anyway), and see if they have his name.  If not, I can check on it as I think I have his name written down from the CCW class I attended.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There is an attorney in Boise who is extremely firearms friendly.  As a matter of fact, he's also a local state representative, and often speaks at NRA CCW classes.  I apologize, but I don't recall his name at the moment.  You might contact the local NRA (always a good legal source anyway), and see if they have his name.  If not, I can check on it as I think I have his name written down from the CCW class I attended.

Thanks, guy. And welcome! I checked with national NRA sources and came up dry, so if you happen upon his name you might go ahead and post it.  I'll check with local (state) NRA and post any more names I may find. Was it Bill Sali (Kuna)? He's a strong RKBA kinda guy (and an attorney IIRC). Also could be Max Black (Boise), Mike Moyle (Star), or Jerry Sweet...but I don't think those guys are lawyers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have a link to the thread handy?

Search general for Confiscation.

Some ninny threatened his roommate, "If you screw up my stuff I'll use it against you" (refering to a AR-15 and scope) roommate called his bluff, and the cops, after a night in jail and gun confiscation, he asks the hive mind for help.  The last I saw they pegged him for GHEY and the next 6 or 7 pages it went downhill.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top