Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2005 12:32:14 PM EDT
I am going to be there tomorrow and need a place to shoot.  

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
This guy might help you... He never responded to my post but you can try...

http://battlerifles.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=27618

Or when you are there just head in any direction out of town until you find a dirt road heading off to some isolated rocks or hills and just unload... Just stay away from Snow canyon. It looks neat and all, but you can't do anything there but take pics.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone know about the La Verkin Range?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
they have a range out in hurricane but i have yet to find it.. and i hear its only open once or twice a month. i found a nice place near the arizona border but they put up signs saying no shooting, everyone ignores it but me
and i have heard of rumors of heavy fines shooting over the arizona line so i avoid that... im just glad my time down here is almost done and i can head back up north where i know where i can shoot and where i cant.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]
We found a place just outside of Saint George.  It was just a pit with ATVers and trash all over the place but we at lest got some shooting in.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The city incorporated the state trust lands to the south of town, so you are not supposed to shoot there anymore.  Risky to shoot in AZ (the AZ fish cops give out tickets for hunting without a license to plinkers).  The range in Hurricane was supposed to have some rifle ranges done this summer, but I am not sure if that happened.  It is by the county jail (Purgatory).  

In my experience, the best bet is BLM land.  I like the area outside of Bloomington.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I think this was BLM land just SW of town.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah that is the first AR that I made and I still have not put a finish on it.   Besides my carry gun all the guns I brought for them to shoot were homemade.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I know this info is comming too late but to add to what imposter was saying if you're heading for the Strip on River Rd. after you hit the dirt (state line) in about 2 more miles you will see a cattle guard, south of that you are good to go on  AZ B.L.M. land. The rangers are cool with it, it's only if you are Az. State trust land you have the hunting with out a license problems and of course the newly posted incorporated still in UT. There is a great dirt airstrip (Imlay) about 30-40 min south thats 1000+ yards as I recall, I never shot past 800 out there.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top