Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 7:49:37 PM EDT
Lets plan an outing for next Saturday (the 24th). I plan on having my first AK build done by then. So far so good on the build, some of the rivets could look better, but it's my first try. The next one will be better, and I might just knock a couple of these out and redo them.

So, shooting next Saturday?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#1]
up
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, I'm out for shooting next weekend.  I'll be taking a much needed/deserved vacation.

Spiff have you seen the guns at ammoman?  link

thought you might like to gander if you haven't seen them before.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#3]
But Dude!! Shooting *is* a vacation!! Anyway, have fun.

BTW, I have seen ammomans rifles. He has a good selection, I've eye-balled the Arisaka on his site for some time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I should be able to do Saturday, looking forward to seeing the AK build and shooting my new midlength some more.
luckypunk:  I assume by vacation you mean buy that pistol you've been wanting ever so badly and spend the day blasting away with us...right?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I am actually taking a week off, places to see-things to do, ect.

..and that 1991A1 of TeresaLynns has got me questioning my glock 19 idea
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Yessss my son, question your plastic pistol desires, you know you want need the feel and security of STEEL or at least an alloy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#7]
jollyroger, what was the setup on the shotguns you had a few weeks back at the trap shoot?

iirc you had a plain ole 870 express and a "defensive" type?  

what is that one?  it had an extended 7 or 8 shot magazine yes?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No, I am actually taking a week off, places to see-things to do, ect.

..and that 1991A1 of TeresaLynns has got me questioning my glock 19 idea

I do my best to get people into 1911's or 1991's (after all I can't quit buying them - why should anyone else stop either).
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I do my best to get people into 1911's or 1991's (after all I can't quit buying them - why should anyone else stop either).

I own a Springfield Armory GI model. It fits right in with my Garand, Springfield '03, M1 Carbine and M14/M1A!! One of these days I'm going to get a real GI issue one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
jollyroger, what was the setup on the shotguns you had a few weeks back at the trap shoot?

iirc you had a plain ole 870 express and a "defensive" type?  

what is that one?  it had an extended 7 or 8 shot magazine yes?

You are correct, I have a plain jane Remington 870 express w/26" barrel.  
The defensive one is a Mossberg 590 Mil-Spec/security with a 20" smooth bore and 8 shot capacity.  The 590 also has the ghost ring sights and a parkerized finish.

I have a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5" and a 28" barrel, and either a normal stock or a pistol grip too but I didnt bring it.  I think Im going to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I should be making it, this time.   :-)
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Good!  I think I'll try emailing or IMing some of the others that posted in Keebsley's original thread.  I had sent out IM' to a bunch of them last time but only one guy got back with me only to say he wouldnt be able to make it.  We'll see...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good!  I think I'll try emailing or IMing some of the others that posted in Keebsley's original thread.  I had sent out IM' to a bunch of them last time but only one guy got back with me only to say he wouldnt be able to make it.  We'll see...

Yeah, Keebsley has a brand new AR that he won't let us shoot....... er, I mean that he won't bring out and shoot!!

And TeresaLynn has a brand new (or, at least new to her) Colt!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Exactly, I think there was a guy with an FAL, another with a USP w/ a vortex on it, and the list goes on and on.

I've seen a couple of them in other threads, so I know there still around.  I'll send out some emails or IM's later tonight after class.  Hopefully we can get some more people out and recruit a few more for the Boise Militia.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#15]
So, we're meeting at the Shell station at 10?

Jollyroger, make sure to bring your AK and SKS. I'll have my home brewed AK and I'll make sure to bring my SKS this time. I want to compare a couple of things on my AK to yours, as yours is factory made.

I only have about 50 rounds of reloaded 7.62x39 so I think I'll stop by Boise Gun Company and see what they have. Come to think of it, I need more 5.56 to. I need to get off my duff and reload the 2000 cases I have sitting at my feet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#16]
We'll do!

Shell at 10 works for me, I'm going to send out those emails now I think.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Just found a new Boisean in the car forums here, said he had an AR50 and sounded interested in going.  I gave him a link to this site

Ya really got to watch the other forums, us Idaho people are around just harder to find it seems.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:42:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Cool pics on the car forum thread. You would think that everyone from a particular area would stop by their Hometown section at least once in awhile.  Then again, it used to be so dead here (at least in relation to Idaho posters) that I had not looked in for some time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Thats how I was too.  When I first joined the site I came to the Rocky Mountain State page a few times, but it was usually Utah posters.  I actually stumbled across a thread that Keebsley started in the AR forums, luckypunk responded, and I realized both were from ID.  Thats when I came back to the hometown forum to check it out and found the Idaho shooters thread.

I sent out IM's to a bunch of people last night:  Keebsley, Tripwire, Sindervhit, RGinIdaho, TeresaLynn, and the guy I found in the car forum; TZLVredmist.  We'll see, hopefully they'll get back with me or just show up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I just went down to Boise Gun Co and picked up 500 rounds of that Silver Bear 7.62x39 stuff that you had out last time. We should be able to bump fire to our hearts content.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
... We should be able to bump fire to our hearts content.

Well, I have watched you... the REST of us will be able to bumpfire...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, sniff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Thats how I was too.  When I first joined the site I came to the Rocky Mountain State page a few times, but it was usually Utah posters.  I actually stumbled across a thread that Keebsley started in the AR forums, luckypunk responded, and I realized both were from ID.  Thats when I came back to the hometown forum to check it out and found the Idaho shooters thread.

I sent out IM's to a bunch of people last night:  Keebsley, Tripwire, Sindervhit, RGinIdaho, TeresaLynn, and the guy I found in the car forum; TZLVredmist.  We'll see, hopefully they'll get back with me or just show up.

And I unfortunately haven't been online as much here as lately so I missed it - got sidetracked at work. I will do my utmost to pay more attention because I really need to take a few guns out (they're feeling neglected).
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top