Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 8:24:31 PM EDT
Anybody know of an FFL that does cheap transfers in the ogden/SLC area?

thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the patient response.

How do ffl transfers work?

I know I ened to get a copy of their license sent to the person selling the rifle. How long does this usually take?

Also, how does pricing work? I know there's a $7.50 background check fee, in addition to their charge.

How does sales tax work?

thanks,
matt
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks for the patient response.

How do ffl transfers work?

I know I ened to get a copy of their license sent to the person selling the rifle. How long does this usually take?

Also, how does pricing work? I know there's a $7.50 background check fee, in addition to their charge.

How does sales tax work?

thanks,
matt

FFL Transfer:  First, find a dealer that will accept a transfer for you.  Some won't if it's something they have in stock or can get.  Find the item you want transferred, find out if they'll take payment from you or if they want it from the dealer.  Have the dealer send a copy of their license to whomever you are purchasing from.  Sit and wait.  

I'm guessing here, but:  sales tax should not figure in if you pay for it, and the seller is out of state.  The dealer is only handling paperwork, providing a service.  They aren't actually selling you anything.

The background check is $7.50, unless you have a UT concealed carry permit.  The price the dealer charges you for handling the paperwork is up to them.  Make sure you find out before, I talked to one guy who charged $80!

The FFL I use generally has a license in the mail withing 1-2 days after I provide him the info.  Gun to you  takes however long the other end gets it in the mail/UPS.  He then calls me the day it comes and we set up a time I can come out and fill out the 4473.

Great! thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm trying to get a hold of 858 engineering, otherwise I might wait until I'm back in washington and can get a free transfer from a family friend...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it's a handgun you're after, you can only get it transferred to you in the state you are a resident of.  

Nope, it's a shotgun. =)

I'm only 20, so no handguns for now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Also, how does 858 engineering do transfers?

I had heard that they will do them for free (minus background check) if they can't find a comprable gun for less.  Where are they located?

I've called and sent e-mails since last weekend..

I woul dlike to know soon,b ecause confirming i have a good, inexpensive ffl means I can purchase a shotgun i've been waiting for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you get me that info as well?  Looking for my first AR and need a good FFL to handle the transaction.

Jared
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top