Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 9:46:45 PM EDT
Doesn't have anything to do with ARs, but it it did happen in Utah!

As a big fan of things that go bang... to the trucker and explosives company that destroyed Spanish Fork Canyon - Well Done!!

http://www.aros.net/~dougcook/explosion.jpg
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#1]
holy crap!

Are those wildfires in the background related?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
holy crap!

Are those wildfires in the background related?

Yep... I guess shrapnel when quite a way and started numerous small fires.  News reports say approx 36K lbs of explosives.

The hole is 80 feet wide and 35 feet deep. The truck was vaporized.  When the truck overturned people ran in to free the driver and a passenger.  The driver was just coherent enough to say "explosives".  They ran away... apparently just in time.  Amazing no one was seriously injured.

Whole story at www.standard.net/standard/58957/
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
This is really spooky , but I returned 2 days early because of some work problems and could have been thier at that time as well, guess that it was fate when worked called and asked me to cut my vacation short.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This is really spooky , but I returned 2 days early because of some work problems and could have been thier at that time as well, guess that it was fate when worked called and asked me to cut my vacation short.

Good thing you left early, they didn't even have a stuffed Barney doll to put the explosive in.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Hahahaha well done indead!

Seriously though I would have LOVED to see that....at a safe distance of course. That is one serious hole!
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top