BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:51:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The Auto Club.

Here is a tip, I used to own a business with a name as long, and very similar, as the one you suggested. It sounds professional and looks good in print but you will have to write that name over and over and over. Pick something short and sweet, your hand and wrist will thank you. Trust me on this, it sounds funny but I am serious, I will never have a business name that is that long again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Bullet Hoses R Us
Blasty Tube Inc.
Wasatch Shootin Iron
Hoglegs and U
For the Children
Thrust Per Squeeze Guns
Merchant of Death
AK's and Ice Cream, Shooting range and old style soda fountain
Sword of Laban Guns and Accessories
Gadianton Gats

hehe, How about.....

UT Tactical
Wasatch Shooting Supply
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Merchant of Death
AK's and Ice Cream

I Liked these two!!

What kind of products are you going to specialize in?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can search if a business name is already registered?

You can search the state listings for registered business entities at the link below.

https://secure.utah.gov/bna/bna

Best advice for a name... be descriptive without being generic. A name that's easily associated with what you want to do is best.

Are you going to have a store front?  And if so, where?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
wasatch defense
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
In your neck of the woods?

Layton Defense Supplies

Long Day Shooters

Last Dime Supply

Anything with LDS in it
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]
It's more a hassle, but you can always come up with a "holding company" name like "The Daniel Group, LLC".  Then you can create a few DBAs to go with whatever service or product you're offering, ie, "Wasatch Tactical" for weapons, "Daniel Consulting" for services, etc.

If I remember correctly, you need to register each DBA with the state and with your bank so that you can deposit checks made out to any of your DBAs into your business account.

HTH
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Layton Defense Supplies

Long Day Shooters

Last Dime Supply

Anything with LDS in it

How about Little Dan's Shooting supply?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Layton Defense Supplies

Long Day Shooters

Last Dime Supply

Anything with LDS in it

How about Little Dan's Shooting supply?

Just what are you implying?????

oops, was that supposed to be a secret?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Maybe something a little more generic?  I'd like to run other things through my LLC.  The paperwork does say  I can engage in any other business allowed under the LLC Act, but I don't want to be doing consulting or teaching under a gun company.

You seem to be getting some good advice, especially regarding the possibility of a holding company.  You can then pick something totally generic (or even just "your own name, LLC or Inc") and branch out with the DBA's or even separate companies (BTW, Shooter_Doug is right, those DBA's will need registered with the state) for diffrent goods and services (like guns, consulting & ice cream).  As for specifics with the little DBA's: short, catchy, not generic, I'd say more than descriptive as you will be on the internet and will, undoubtedly, cross state lines.  You could then reegister any logos or even a name as a trademark with the USPTO ("mere" descriptiveness is not enough for them).
My first post, so call this a bit for free legal advice for the author of the thread that drew me out.
G
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Go with a classic (from the Simpsons) - Blood Bath & Beyond
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top