Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/19/2005 9:29:33 PM EDT
I will have all the parts for my first AR build within the next week or two so I figured I should start seeing how much it will cost me to have my barrel installed. I'm almost positive it's going to be a 20" WOA CMP Match Barrel.

Where have you guys taken your guns and how much did they charge? And remember these need to be shops in Utah and preferably somewhere close to Ogden. I bought my lower at impact and I'm not the biggest fan of that store(because of some of their snobby employes) but if they have a good price I might check it out. I haven't had the time lately to call down there and ask...they usually don't give me a straight up answer anways.  

I would do it myself but I don't have the right equipment yet.

Thanks,

Kevin
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 8:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally would travel to Colorado, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, etc before I would give a penny to Impact in Ogden.

I am sure there is someone on the board who has all the tools to hook you up on your barrel installation and show you how to do it at the same time.

Kent
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Bad experience with Impact too hmmm.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Gary at Centurion Tactical..put a A3 on my 16" barrel for $40. Good guy to deal with and he is in his new shop in Layton.

Centurion Tactical
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 11:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got everything you will need, but I'm in SLC. PM me if you want to discuss it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've got everything you will need, but I'm in SLC. PM me if you want to discuss it.

same here.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 1:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Alright thanks...I talked to Jeff at WOA today and he said the barrel would probably take about 3-4 weeks till I got it. I'll be ordering it tomorrow. When I get it...if I haven't bought an action block and armorers wrench yet I'll ya you guys a shout. Even if I did have the stuff having someone show you how to do something right is always nice. I appreciate the offer,  
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey I went ahead and ordered the Bushmaster action block and a dpms armours wrench just last week. I also talked to Jeff at WOA and he said my barrel will be here this week! I do have a few question about the putting the barrel on if someone wouldn't mind helping me out there.

I guess my main question is I get how to put the barrel on, but I don't have the barrel here yet and I just can't picture how I'll be able to keep all the holes for the gas tube in the delta ring aligned once I've torqued the delta ring down.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hey I went ahead and ordered the Bushmaster action block and a dpms armours wrench just last week. I also talked to Jeff at WOA and he said my barrel will be here this week! I do have a few question about the putting the barrel on if someone wouldn't mind helping me out there.

I guess my main question is I get how to put the barrel on. I don't have the barrel here yet and I just can't picture how I'll be able to keep all the holes for the gas tube in the delta ring aligned once I've torqued the delta ring down.

I don't know if anyone closer has contacted you but, if you want to bring the stuff down to my place, I'll help you get it together. If you're interested, PM me with the details of your build and I'll try to help you figure out if you need anything else.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I'm going to Colorado for a week on Sat...maybe Sun so we will see what happens. I really appreciate the offer though Homer!

I may just give it a try myself and if I can't figure it out I'll take ya up on your offer...we will see though.

I got my action block today and my barrel wrench yesterday so now just the barrel.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top