Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:53:20 AM EDT
I just moved to this area, I understand there is a range up here belonging to the SLCounty sheriffs department or something like that. Anyone know if it is open to the public, and where it is, and how far can you shoot there? Other places with rifle ranges over 100 yards would be apericiated too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Utah and to the forum. The range you're asking about is called the Hendriksen range. As I understand it, it was formerly the SLPD range, and now it is owned or operated by the PMMA (Police Mutual ?something? Assoc). It is OK. No RO's, it is kind of self monitored. I think 100 yds is the max. Here is a sight listing most ranges in the state. Click on the link on the left side of the page for range locations. I includes directions and contact info for  most ranges.

Good shooting!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The PMAA range is open to the public Thursday-Monday.
$5 range fee
I-80 Exit 134
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The range has two parts, one is open to the public (0-100 yard, ok for pistol, rifle & full auto), the other is not (pistol range only, reserved for police).

They have 4x8 sheets of plywood or particle board set up for target backers at 25, 50 and 100 yards.  To change your target you have to call a cease fire and walk out onto the field, hoping no one sends a round downrange while you're there.

I've been there several times with no problems.  The cost is $5 or so, and you get a punch card, so when you show up 5 or 6 times, the next one is free.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Big changes and questions about the range - AS I understand as of Sunday there is no longer a range manager and it is strongly rumored the SL Police Chief is going to close range to the public. There is the tupperware event all week long at the range this week but it may no be open to public again. Sounds as if troops who use the range need to get busy with SL City Council members.  
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top