Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/17/2004 12:49:15 PM EDT
Sorry I had to add a post for you guys. nobody from montana even shows themselves for roll call. I Know several people out there that are ARFCOM members and havent shown there faces yet.  Montana is the best place for an AR Owner, unlimited shooting area, gopher heaven, and varmits everywhere. So Montana get together and shoot somthing. SOUND OFF!! Thanks
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I reply to all of the roll calls thankyou very much!!!

But i completely agree, as a matter of fact, i am trying to organize a shoot for this coming spring.

just some thoughts, nothing set in stone, but if it can be pulled off, then it will be a blast.

BTW, it is hard to get together when all of the members are 300 miles apart.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I just used the Rocky Mountain Equipment Exchange to track down an additional 7 MT members...  I sent them IMs.  Hopefully they'll come over here for a visit.

Sly
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I just used the Rocky Mountain Equipment Exchange to track down an additional 7 MT members...  I sent them IMs.  Hopefully they'll come over here for a visit.

Sly

Great, Sly...     "if you build it, they will come..."

Finding a centrally located range, or a sympathic member, or farmer, that would let us shoot on their property, would facilitate more shoots by making it easier for everyone to get there...

The other choice is to rotate shoot location so everyone, on occasion, has to drive the distance...
If everyone participated, I'd drive across state to share in the fun, as long as the next shoot got
as many people to drive the other direction...

Having a group shoot once every 2 to 3 months, maybe even 4, would be cool...
Make one of them a weekend long shoot so everyone can make a camping trip out of it
next spring eh, mtechgunman at your place???
Let plan for it early so everyone can book time off from their jobs...
Did someone say Beerbust???

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't anyone tell you guys?  The Utah people have claimed this forum for their own.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#5]
ok. Here is the scoop on the *hopeful* shoot.

The property is located about 3 miles off highway 12, towards preist pass, following the train tracks towards Helena.

For you Helena folks, all you would have to drive is about 20 miles, over McDonald pass and about half way down.

here are some pics of the land. I am traveling there either this weekend or next, so i will get more pics of the layout of the property.

Basically, it is a section of land (640 acres).

One of the problems is, is that depending on wether, we would not be able to access the land due to melting snow.

I am thinking early may, would be best.

If any of you guys would like to go and shoot there regardless if i am there or not, email me and i will give you the "low down".

[email protected]

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#6]
OMG,  i had sex with my wife in that cabin about 5 years ago, before we were married.  no shit, taking the senic route to lincoln.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Bull shit, at least not in that one, that cabin you can hardly walk in.

There is another cabin, not in the pics, that is just next to another bigger cabin that it would be possible in.

BTW, damn, thats pretty funny!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for a Montana shoot.  Problem is...I just sold my primary weapon and am currently looking.  AR situation...not until HK comes out with one...not til November.

Are you guys talking about a 'hunting trip' type set up, or we all meet at the range one day and blast off some rounds?  
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I used to frequent the area near Elliston as a kid.  Keep the info here and I will try to make the shoot (I am currently in Missoula)

That looks like the Blosberg area...

Matt
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:25:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I used to frequent the area near Elliston as a kid.  Keep the info here and I will try to make the shoot (I am currently in Missoula)

Matt

Ok, say you are driving out of elliston towards helena on highway 12, you go about 2-3 miles and start to up the pass.

About 1/8 of the way up the pass, there is a turn off, and that is the turn you take to get to the land.

REM---- This would be an everybody bring lots of ammo and we will shoot up a storm, not a hunt. It would be in the spring to early summer.

Like i've said before, it is all up in the air.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Matt

Ok, say you are driving out of elliston towards helena on highway 12, you go about 2-3 miles and start to up the pass.

About 1/8 of the way up the pass, there is a turn off, and that is the turn you take to get to the land.

REM---- This would be an everybody bring lots of ammo and we will shoot up a storm, not a hunt. It would be in the spring to early summer.

Like i've said before, it is all up in the air.

Cool Pics...    640 acres???   we ought to make it a camp-out weekend, then...
At the Hun Farm in Texas we shot tracer rounds in the sky - it looked like Bagadad at night...

Hope it pans out - looks like a nice place mtechgunman

Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top