Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 3:34:56 PM EDT
the 045th bn/ 44th ff, central wyo militia based in casper is now recruiting for active members.  NMS followed, if interested, email me at [email protected] for information.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you talking about forming a unit of the Wyoming State Guard, as outlined in chapter 10 of the Wyoming Constitution? The Wyoming State Guard IS NOT to be confused with the Wyoming National Guard. Read the following reference this link: legisweb.state.wy.us/statutes/titles/title19/chapter10.htm
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
no this is a private unit, formed by me and a few close friends.......... following NMS guidelines.................................
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Excuse me if I sound ignorant or sumpin', but what does "NMS" stand for? Are you referring to the Militia Act of 1792?
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Excuse me if I sound ignorant or sumpin', but what does "NMS" stand for? Are you referring to the Militia Act of 1792?

lol,,, not ignorant at all,,,

NMS stands for national militia standards,,, a document that you can download from the website A Well Regulated Militia,,, the web addy is http://www.awrm.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

these are the standards that modern unorganized militias go by,,,
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:27:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol,,, not ignorant at all,,,

NMS stands for national militia standards,,, a document that you can download from the website A Well Regulated Militia,,, the web addy is http://www.awrm.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

these are the standards that modern unorganized militias go by,,,

Trying to narrow this down a little. Just the curious type. I DO know my history regarding the various forms of militia. I am intimately familiar with the purpose behind a citizen's army. So, please don't be aggravated by my questioning.

With regards to your militia unit, will the governor of Wyoming be at the very top of your chain of command?
Link Posted: 1/4/2004 3:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
the unorganized militia is not commanded by any governmental agency, nor government official, we are all small units commanded by local officers such as myself, in larger operations these units band together.  Do yourself a favor and read the NMS, you won't regret it.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top