Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/22/2003 8:38:18 AM EDT
Might be going to Cheyenne in a week or so.. what is there to do up there?  Places to take kids?

or would going to Ft Collins be a better choice?

thanks!  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
We always preferred to go to Fort Collins.  Better shopping and dining.  Cheyenne is not bad.  The mall is all right, and there are some good places to eat.  I can't think of much for the kids to do.  There might be a museum on the air base, if your kids are into that. If you're into skiing, head to the Snowy Range outside of Laramie.  You can ski and rent snow machines and such.  Really nice scenery up there too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:39:13 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks Dan!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, we just got a new lodge up at snowy range too, its pretty nice-the old one burned down.  The ski area is not as big as others in the area, but the scenery is very good.  If your kids like to sled, they would LOVE the old happy jack ski area.  My parents took me there when i was little and it was some of the most fun i can remember having.  For recreation and fun around Laramie I recommend the outdoor activities.  Skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and snow shoeing.  I don't know much about things to do in Cheyenne, aside from shopping and sports i am not over there much.

Have a fun and safe trip.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#4]
if you happen to pass cheyenne and come to casper, we have hogadon ski are, not big but nice all the same, kidsworks for the kids, a few museums and such,,,, contact me for info if you would like,,, [email protected]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:36:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I'll be going to Cheyenne tomorrow.  Plan is to go to Ft.Collins for the afternoon/evening.

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top