Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2022 9:49:33 AM EDT
I posted about this a year or so back and it is eminent. ODOT and a group of citizen moonbats is bringing congestion tolling to I5 and I205. Too late to bitch.
Their montra? "Equity and Mobility". Yes, it's too late to do anything but at least be intelligent when someone brings up the topic or thinks there is still time to stop it.

These asshats let the growth happen but refuse to build/expand roads.

I encourage you to take this poll, or, at least read the questions. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/odotrmppgovdel

Details of tolling here: https://www.oregon.gov/odot/tolling/Pages/I-205-Tolling.aspx
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Filled out the questionnaire
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
In from ODOT...

I was up by the OC Abernathy (wasn't he a racist?) Bridge kayaking last night and saw some construction work under the bridge on the 99E side.

Three lanes coming for I205 across the bridge and out to 10th street - bastards listened to me!

Phase I - construction platforms
Attachment Attached File

Full details there are links here for many Oregon .gub entities where you can sign up for email or text news... stay informed

video of project(s)

And yes, the toll is coming
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In from ODOT...

I was up by the OC Abernathy (wasn't he a racist?) Bridge kayaking last night and saw some construction work under the bridge on the 99E side.

Three lanes coming for I205 across the bridge and out to 10th street - bastards listened to me!

Phase I - construction platforms
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/74443/bridge_1_JPG-2412493.JPG

Full details there are links here for many Oregon .gub entities where you can sign up for email or text news... stay informed

video of project(s)

And yes, the toll is coming
View Quote

That roundabout looks pretty crazy, but it will still be an improvement to the NB on-ramp.. that thing was a deathtrap.  You had to have a sub-six second 0-60 time to not get run off the road, and good luck from a standing start once they put in the meters.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Drove I-5 and I-205 for about 28 years from WA.  In that time there was zero done to improve the congestion issues.  Only thing they did was add HOV lanes, then eliminate them from the WA side (but OR kept theirs N/B).  

What a total joke.  Still screwing around on an I-5 bridge replacement.  I am so glad there is no need to go thru there very often anymore.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drove I-5 and I-205 for about 28 years from WA.  In that time there was zero done to improve the congestion issues.  Only thing they did was add HOV lanes, then eliminate them from the WA side (but OR kept theirs N/B).  

What a total joke.  Still screwing around on an I-5 bridge replacement.  I am so glad there is no need to go thru there very often anymore.
View Quote

My SO lived in West Linn, Aloha, and Wilsonville while we were dating for a few years, man I do not miss driving in that clusterfuck at all. Now I cross the river a couple times a year at best. I don't think I've been to OR since I flew in March '21.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top