Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2022 1:00:24 AM EDT
I had my truck stolen in south Austin back in November.  Figuring that it was gone for good per most of the LEO opinions I decided to buy one similar and made the stupid mistake of assuming business owners in this day and age of internet reviews would be honest.

Story of the theft thread Here

The dealership is  JL Auto Sales

Never ever do business with them.  They failed to disclose the truck I purchased was without a factory installed AC.  Also that it had been repainted to cover the the rust.  The roof was dented.  The bed mounts had holes rusted that I could put my hand through.

The engine ran like crap for the 10 or so miles I drove it.  I took it to a local Ford dealer and if they were to offer a price on it they would only give $5K for parts.  I paid $21K for this truck as it had only 153K miles.  After weeks of phone calls and text msgs, they finally agreed to take the truck back and return only $17K and I pay the shipping cost.  I spoke to about 15 lawyers and they said to take the deal since a suit from out of state would likely cost more.

Damn thieves.  Lesson learned by me though.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn. That looks like a north east vehicle. What year is it? I've got '98, 2000 and 2001 trucks, even 2 '93 trucks with zero rust on the frame or anything else underneath. We didn't use salt here untill just recently and now only on one or two passes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 2:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a 2007 model truck.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Dang. That definitely isn't an Oregon truck. Everything around here just gets a nice layer of green moss.

I would have driven out and taken a look at it for you before hand. Sucks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 10:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That is 100 percent NOT a NORTHWEST truck.....

NORTHEAST....but not northwest..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top