Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2022 1:16:21 AM EDT
The one bad bill I'm aware of is SB1577 written my Senator James Manning. Bans homemade firearms.
HB4073 outlaws self defense.
Time to start writing to your reps and senators. If anybody on here is also a member on other boards or Facebook groups or whatever I'd appreciate if you post stuff there to help drum up more letter writers. Not just right now for this bill, but for all bills. It's what all gun owners need to be doing. Sadly a lot of people never even know their rights are under attack and many won't even know they are a criminal after a bill passes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm wondering if other people find the following section of HB4073 as confusing as I did:

SECTION 6. Notwithstanding ORS 161.190, the justifiable use of physical force in self- defense or in defending a third person under ORS 161.205 (5) is an affirmative defense when the defendant engaged in, directed or otherwise participated in wrongful conduct that was intended to cause the victim to be unavailable as a witness, and did cause the victim to be unavailable.
Link Posted: 6/3/2022 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not sure I can decipher it completely either,  But it sounds like jury intimidation?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top