Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2021 1:42:54 PM EDT
It’s so pretty out here.
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, woke up in the middle of the night when the snow was coming down fairly hard, very pretty.  Had a few things to do out-and-about this morning, happy to be out in it.  

And as much as I like to point-and-laugh at how much Portland struggles with the snow, it's nice that it came on a Sunday... looks like most of the roads will be fairly well cleaned up by tonight, so there will be far fewer issues tomorrow morning for the commuters.

I lived for many years in other parts of Oregon where snow was routine, not exceptional... I miss it.  The cold I can take, but the rain and damp is just dreary.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 1:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked Sunday.   It sucked, 20' visibility while driving over packed ice.  

I'm off til Friday,  hopefully it will be melted off by then.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 11:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
We’ve still got a decent amount. Its fun getting some snow at lower elevations.
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It’s so pretty out here.
View Quote

From your user name you must be a lineman?
I feel sorry for you guys. They were out here trying to fix our power untill about midnight. It'd come on for an hour and then another tree would fall on the line(?) And it'd go off again. We ended up on a generator for about 3 days.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

From your user name you must be a lineman?
I feel sorry for you guys. They were out here trying to fix our power untill about midnight. It'd come on for an hour and then another tree would fall on the line(?) And it'd go off again. We ended up on a generator for about 3 days.
View Quote

Negative. I've believe we're referred to as "narrow backs" by those guys.
Linemen are great to work with in the field. Their supervision, not so much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top