Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2021 7:29:10 PM EDT
Will be travelling through Portland this weekend and I see there is a gun show at the airport Holiday Inn.  Is it worth a visit for a Washingtonian w/ a C&R FFL and looking for interesting stuff?

Rob
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never been to Portland, so can't help you there, but you may want to read this about C&Rs in Oregon. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/CandR-FFL-useless-in-Oregon-/36-652815/
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
So that's what it's down to now. A Holiday Inn meeting hall. Used to be 1000 tables at the Expo Center. Or I could be thinking of the other gun shows. Was 2 different promoters that put on gun shows.  I have no answer for you. If you do go can you report back here what you thought about it?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#3]
We'll, I'm probably going to give it a shot so I can report back.

I hadn't heard about the C&R thing for you guys.  My buddy used his at a shop on the coast there at the end of the summer without issue.  Maybe it doesn't apply to an out of stater buying C&R items to remove from the State.

Rob
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I went today. Small show with no large gun dealer tables but I did find some reloading supplies I needed. Glad it was close and cheap otherwise I’d have been sorely disappointed. The last few shows I’ve been to have not had a large dealer presence and therefore not a lot of choice. I’m hoping things will change for the better as time goes by.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Well thank you for the report back. At least it was not a waste of time for you.
We had thought of going up to it, but 180 miles one way in a gas guzzling Jeep was kind of a "Never Mind".

I do miss the days of the huge gun shows with hundreds if not over a thousand tables.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
The two shows are different but they are trying.

The one vendor is run by Wes, he passed away a couple months ago due to LGD and his daughter runs it along with her boyfriend.

The other is run by Marla and she is trying also. The pandemic rally put a dent on things so its different now.

The old days can come back but people are just plain jane simply scared.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top