Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2021 4:48:26 PM EDT
…heading down there in less than a couple weeks. Wildfire map looks nuts, what can I expect for smokiness?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Was just in Prineville this morning.  Some haze up high but not really smoky, pretty pleasant actually.  They said it was kinda thick there over the weekend, though.  Weather forecast calls for a cooling trend which should keep a lid on fires, and help move the smoke out.  There aren't any major fires currently active around central OR right now.  Of course, this time of year that could change in a flash.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Just came back from Burns this weekend.  There was a lot of haze, but it was fine.

Madras

Warm Springs

Visiting my Grandpa.  His ashes are on the top of the Steens.

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s been really smokey in Bend…

It just depends on the winds.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:02:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the updates, guys! Won’t be my first rodeo with area smoke down there, just good to know what to potentially expect this time around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top