Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2021 7:41:28 PM EDT
Fuckers.

Just in time for my trip to Sunriver later this month.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
It'll be interesting to see how many comply. Towards the end I was surprised how many businesses weren't wearing masks. I'd wear mine in and if the guys behind the counter didn't have them I'd take mine off.
I think Kate did this whole thing intentionally, give us a little taste of freedom, then tell us we've been bad and take the freedom away. It does what it's told or it wears the mask again. There's a meme with the guy from silence of the lambs with fauci's face and that caption.

In the beginning it made sense that if everybody stayed home for 2 weeks the virus would die, but it was dumb as shit when I go to Walmart or the grocery store and they were more crowded than ever, but the steel yard that normally had about 2 customers was closed. Then most of the shit they did made things worse, like our Walmart went from 24 hours down to something like 7am to 7pm. They also closed one entrance/exit so they could count people as they enter and exit. Okay, so then you couldn't shop at midnight when the store is empty, so you have to go fight crowds, and all customers are funneled through one set of doors instead of 2 (3 if they would have garden center open). I think it just made stuff worse. I'm a lifelong germaphobe so I've basically spent my whole life planning out social distancing and trying not to get sick.
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:57:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Another stupid thing was last summer I needed some firefighting equipment for my engine and I went to the place we buy it and I couldn't go inside. Had to call on the phone and they'd get the stuff and bring it out to you. I shit you not, a firefighting supply shop was non-essential.
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another stupid thing was last summer I needed some firefighting equipment for my engine and I went to the place we buy it and I couldn't go inside. Had to call on the phone and they'd get the stuff and bring it out to you. I shit you not, a firefighting supply shop was non-essential.
View Quote

Particular stupid given the preponderance of wildfires during the summer
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top