Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2021 8:16:32 AM EDT
If I read the law correctly, since I am in a SUV, I can put my CCW pistol in the glove box and lock it while in Oregon traveling from Idaho to Nevada. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or let me know if I am wrong. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If I read the law correctly, since I am in a SUV, I can put my CCW pistol in the glove box and lock it while in Oregon traveling from Idaho to Nevada. Can anyone confirm this for me? Or let me know if I am wrong. Thanks.
View Quote

SUV or Car makes no difference. Pistol must be secured away from the ammo, and unloaded.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 11:07:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SUV or Car makes no difference. Pistol must be secured away from the ammo, and unloaded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh? I must be way out of the loop.
Link Posted: 7/10/2021 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you keep your registration in the glove box? If so do not keep the gun in there. As far as I know it can be carried openly except for 2 or 3 cities, or it can be locked up. If you lock it up, I'd buy a locking case like a pelican or a soft case with a tiny padlock on the zipper and keep it stashed somewhere out of sight. You're probably just driving across the south east corner of Oregon, right? If you don't do something stupid or call attention to your self you should be fine.
ETA, if you lock it up I'd unload it. I'm not sure about that being law, but it makes sense to unload a gun before puting it in a case.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Had to look it up, its pretty much like a lot of other states law. I believe i am correct in its interpretation.
ORS 166.250 Unlawful possession of firearms ......(b)Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle; or
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top