Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2021 3:51:38 PM EDT

Hello Everyone,

I visited with Bud and friends last weekend. I've been proud to call him my friend for 15 years now. Selma's untimely passing hurt him deeply but he is a man who believes in giving back to his community. He is again running for Governor for the state of Oregon. My wife and I recently moved to Idaho to take care of her 86 year old Father. I'll be unable to give him my vote but I'll humbly ask for yours.
Bud's vision and will result in a positive change for Oregon. Bud on the Issues

Thank You,

boltedsafe
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 1:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
His wife was KILLED ....end of story.. wasn't a fucken accident...

fuck the driver and all that went down with it in West Salem.

Great guy.. awesome doctor.....but god damn the laws in Oregon SUCK in  regards to Vehicular homicide.

he has my families vote forever.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think there is a better candidate.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Why does Oregon Firearms Federation think he's Anti-Gun? I'd always heard nice things about him?
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why does Oregon Firearms Federation think he's Anti-Gun? I'd always heard nice things about him?
View Quote

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/bud-pierce-no
That short piece there is all I can find, it just says he's a bad choice because he tends to give in to pressure, so he won't stand up to democrats. Also, his wife got an "F" rating from the NRA.

On specific gun issues, he hasn't really made any statements beyond that "no new laws" statement on the interview, has he? After listening to the radio interview again, it seems possible there's a reason he wasn't more direct on the issue.

The only other source I found on the second amendment issue is here:
https://www.ontheissues.org/Bud_Pierce.htm
He's marked as "Strongly Support", or "The right to bear arms is a basic Constitutional right and expresses the democratic principle of self-defense against tyrannical government. Leave gun rights as they are."

Being said to want to leave the laws as they are isn't at all strong a position in favor of the second amendment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#6]
His 2016 campaign statements are informative, most are still here:

https://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2016_Gov_Web_Bud_Pierce.htm

One caught my attention:
He also opposed Senate Bill 941 due to its emergency clause that denied Oregonians the right to vote on a bill that would impact their constitutional rights. Bud Pierce believes that all Oregonians should have the right to be heard on laws--not just career politicians in Salem.
View Quote

Does arguing that people should be voting on a bill to restrict constitutional rights make any sense?

Also:
Give law enforcement the tools to thoroughly investigate situations brought to their attention, including the temporary authority to hold weapons, only if necessary in narrow circumstances when there is an imminent danger.
View Quote

Something like this should spark a lot of discussion and he should clarify this, but I'm not sure he ever expanded on it. This makes me think he's pro red flag. Hope I'm wrong there...
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
His 2016 campaign statements are informative, most are still here:

https://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2016_Gov_Web_Bud_Pierce.htm

One caught my attention:

Does arguing that people should be voting on a bill to restrict constitutional rights make any sense?

Also:

Something like this should spark a lot of discussion and he should clarify this, but I'm not sure he ever expanded on it. This makes me think he's pro red flag. Hope I'm wrong there...
View Quote

In itself another Red Flag.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:30:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In itself another Red Flag.
View Quote

Maybe. The context he is talking about is relating to schools. This couldn't work without a technology investment in surveillance equipment at all schools, the creation of some (more government funding) positions to do it maybe, and it also is something that would require new gun laws to work as intended.

Also, a few of positions in 2016, like abortion for example, were positions held in common with democratic platform or some other democrats in office. Speaking about his chances in the election, that will put off a lot of conservatives.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 2:14:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone aware of any actually detailed commentary/info on Bud's views on second amendment positions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top