Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2020 8:10:51 AM EDT
We love traveling Oregon. We do Oregon a few times a year, various destinations. Seaside is a repeat favorite. We just did a week at seaside, so I reached out about renewing my expired or cpl, here is the response I got.

We are able to issue permits to residents of Pacific, Grays Harbor, and Wahkiakum counties who already possess their WA concealed permit and to out-of-state applicants who own property in Clatsop County. If neither of these apply to you, you might still be eligible to get an Oregon Concealed Handgun License from Columbia , Multnomah, or Washington County. Please contact the individual agencies for more info.
View Quote

Its their country and their rules-but Oregon can fuck off. A meth dealer who lives in an adjacent county can apply-but heaven  forbid a law abiding family man wants to be prudent. Going to Portland to get one is out-fuck Portland.

I wanted to put this here. I know there are people here who have businesses that need the cash. Last Tuesday at the pig in blanket, 630am we were the only customers in the entire restaurant. Guess what-we won't be there next time-totally empty restaurant.

It is what it is-but I can travel eat to idaho and in to Montana with no carry restrictions-and no trip to Portland for permission.

Eta- I did tell them what I thought of their arbitrary bullshit-

Thank you for a response. That's all good information to know.

Unfortunately we are none of those exceptions. We have really enjoyed traveling Oregon and average 3 extended trips per year-this is number 3. As I referenced in the initial email, we are currently in Seaside for a week. We are noticing lots more homeless and vagrants than ever before. Safeway? Wow. Its very sad that we can't openly get the same protections that others enjoy. I wouldn't travel to Portland these days for anything.

Please pass on to those who make these restrictions on their exception list that they may directly impact tourism dollars with policies such as these. All things considered, we probably won't travel Oregon again without another permit-and the places we can get a permit are places I won't take my family these days. We all lose.

Thanks again for the information. I appreciate the response.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess that's about the size of it.

Really too bad. National reciprocity bullshit aside-the local level not understanding their stupidity is baffling.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you check other counties?  Not every county is the same regarding out of state issuance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top