Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2020 4:24:19 PM EDT
DMV sent me a temporary permit to tape to my window and said they are out of stickers and won't be sending any stickers out untill at least after December.
Then I looked at my other truck and it's tags expired last month, so I checked and the check was cashed a month ago. Can't even get through on the phone.
Is oregon law enforcement still letting you drive with expired tags because of dmv closures?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe yes, until 12-31.

You can also be a douche and park penalty free in handicap spaces, among a few other infractions.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 2:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Are the cops still going to do a traffic stop, or are they just ignoring it? After I posted this I was checking all of my vehicles, I've got 8 daily drivers, I've got 2 with expired tags that they've never sent me anything, then one that they sent me the temperary permit. The last time I had expired tags (lost in mail I guess) I got stopped twice in one day. I hate feeling like a criminal driving around with expired tags.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just saw a guy with NO tags driving through town.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 2:37:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw a guy with NO tags driving through town.
View Quote

I was stuck in traffic yesterday and saw 2 cars in front of me with no plates and no temp in the window... But that really nothing new around here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top