Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2015 8:12:07 PM EDT
saw this story today; anyone there with boots on the ground? is this true/false/developing? a story or hype? thanks for any info.

Shasta Lantern
BLM issued a cease and desist order without a court order and without ‘Coordination Authorization’….with local authorities. Federal officials acting lawlessly. Possible federal land grab to seize gold rich property on behalf of Chinese government. Galice Mining District, JOSEPHINE COUNTY, OREGON-The next Bundy Ranch incident is developing in Josephine County, Oregon. The BLM has served notice to gold miners that they have until April 25, 2015 to stop gold mining….Oath Keepers are on site…Militia on the way. BLM DID NOT seek ‘Coordination Authorization’ with the local community.
View Quote

BLM At It Again

Oregon Gold Mining Standoff with BLM--Next Bundy Ranch?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like common sense is winning out....

"UPDATE 4:00 P.M. - The Josephine County Sheriff's Department has released a statement regarding this incident:

"Sheriff Daniel in an attempt to mediate this conflict has contacted and met with the Coordinator of the Oath Keepers and the Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Land Management out of Eugene. This was done to ensure the claim owner’s right to due process and avoid confrontation in the region.

The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office was informed by the BLM that no enforcement action would be taken by their organization and the claim owner is guaranteed his right to due process. Further the BLM has met with the claim owner’s attorney to ensure the appeal process.

The Josephine County Sheriff’s Office wishes to express its intention to uphold the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Oregon to ensure the rights of all persons within Josephine County."

http://www.kdrv.com/news/Mining_Operation_Standoff_Begins.html

I don't think we will get another Ruby Ridge/Waco/etc...This is only a short drive for me BTW.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#2]

I don't think we will get another Ruby Ridge/Waco/etc...This is only a short drive for me BTW.
View Quote

THANKS, PurpleOtter!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it's something to keep an eye on.  Am around, 45 minutes away from there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
looks like the pot may still be simmering:

NOTICE for Oathkeepers only:
Oregon Mines: OK Call for Support

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
So what's the latest? Me and a couple friends from Nevada just happen to have some time off right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw this.
http://tacticalshit.com/armed-militia-close-blm-office/
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I heard some idiot on the local radio show saying how the O,K. and mine owners were 'spoiling for a fight' and seemed to think everything should be run through the courts.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard some idiot on the local radio show saying how the O,K. and mine owners were 'spoiling for a fight' and seemed to think everything should be run through the courts.
View Quote

Lars Larson?

I don't know much about this dispute but if everything Lars and the caller he was arguing with said was true, then this one should make it's way through the courts before people go all nuclear.

If the owners have an actual claim they can get an injunction in Federal court with a minimal amount of proof.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top