Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2013 9:43:32 PM EDT
FYI.  Just passing along the message.  It seems a little rally is getting together January 19th, just to remind the representatives that we are still around, watching and waiting.
I don't know a lot of details, other than the date/time.

Time is noon to ?

https://www.facebook.com/events/567166176671341/
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Went to the last two...one more seems about right
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I went to the last weekend one. Good turnout. I hate these annual legislative sessions. Our money and liberty are in danger every year now.
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Sunday eh?  I may actually be able to attend.  Aga7040, get in here!
Link Posted: 12/30/2013 9:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to the last two...one more seems about right
View Quote

Me too. I think it's about time some of us arfcommers meet up.  I'll have a BFL on my sign this time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2014 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#5]
BUMP!

Rallies do matter, and did have an impact during last years whirlwind of activity.  Don't let your representatives think we are sleepy, so they can sneak a few bills thru!

Mission between now and the 19th?  Let your friends know about it.  Let the Oregon gun forums know what's up.  Local gun shops, etc etc etc.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Will be there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 7:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Im assuming this will be at the capitol. What are the laws on open carry at the site?
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im assuming this will be at the capitol. What are the laws on open carry at the site?
View Quote

No laws against it. ORS 161 is the relevant chapter I believe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only really safe if you have an Oregon CHL.
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#10]
BTT...son and I will be there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

BTT...son and I will be there.
View Quote
Haven't missed one yet. We will be there too.

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, who was there? I didnt see any BFL's. I was the guy with the "We dont just vote, we recall too!" sign.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:19:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I was there.  Was hoping to see a bigger turnout. Had over 3000 at the first one last year (according to one of the Capitol cops I was talking too).  This one had around a few hundred maybe more. I'm bad at estimating numbers like that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 1/19/2014 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Confederate flags?   So much for looking mainstream.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Confederate flags?   So much for looking mainstream.
View Quote

Guess I didn't catch his blue jester's cap in the pic.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 8:07:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I had to work if the next one is on a Friday or Saturday I will be there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Disappointed by the turnout today.

I thought the Confederate flag was out of place here.  I don't have a problem with the flag itself, but it sends the wrong message at a rally like this. IMHO.

Here are some pics.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I was there with my son....M-60's pics, I'm in the second pic, far left, dark grey hat, son with light hair, glasses...

Few shots from our walk around the building prior to folks speaking.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#20]
So who was the bearded Christ Costa / high speed operator guy with the ear bud that was standing up front?
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So who was the bearded Christ Costa / high speed operator guy with the ear bud that was standing up front?
View Quote

Don't know who they are...could be members here but this is what I saw...

Him, and his buddy who was flanking the other side of the stage, came up to a car near the steps that was carrying the PA system, and, the car was driven by the head guy speaking an introducing at the rally. They proceeded to hang with said driver.

These two guys (facing audience, and on each side of capitol steps)...wore ear pieces and talked with their hands on their throats (mic button), finger in the registered position the entire time...

My opinion? they there there to make sure the speaker didn't get bum rushed or worse. They were scanning the audience the entire time. Not sure what would have happened if something went south? Were they going to open fire into that crowd...
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#23]
There were a few parts of the rally I didn't necessarily care for. But for the most part it was pretty good.  

I watched the segment on channel 2 about the rally. They did take note that the numbers have plummeted from thousands to only hundreds. I am certain our enemies in the Capitol building are taking note of that. We need to do a better job of promoting these or we are going to start looking like the ceasefire rally's that have a couple dozen attendees on their best days. I used vacation days to be at the last two.  

If this shit passes. Anyone I know who bitches about whatever happens better be prepared to tell me where they were yesterday and who they wrote letters to.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#24]
I attended last year's rally and this year's rally, but I was especially un-impressed this year. I left after the very short speech from Kevin Starrett from OFF and I noticed others leaving about that time too. It seemed like there were tin foil hat types or just plain rude, outspoken people circulating through the crowd, like the guy that interrupted and derailed the speaker from the rally format and rudely insisted to say the Pledge of Allegiance instead of letting the rally speaker lead. I also overheard the guy that was carrying the Merkley sign just being a generally rude bastard to the media (salem-news.com), good plan buddy.
Many were there to support 2A rights that were not tin foil types, but the media will always zero in on the negative. The rally planners should make an effort to put the best speakers on stage with a clear message rather than a free-for-all and distractions that take away from the message or don't encourage action, political action. Several of the speakers referred to how great the turnout was last year and they seemed disappointed at the turnout this year, yeah that will charge up the base.
I am sure that if I would have stayed until the end there would have been a non-tinfoil speaker or two, but I was done. I don't think this rally was successful at getting any new people to get active politically or to charge up the base to take action and contact our elected officials.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I did not make it. Last Friday our kids school was shutdown because of the Norovirus and 1/5 of the population attending got sick. One of my kids and wife got it over the weekend.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 8:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I was planning on being there, but I missed it. To make up for it I wrote a letter to Arnie Roblan against the bill today. I will send it to more senators tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#27]
You guys who were disappointed in the turnout, you do realize that this was held on the day of a huge sporting event in our region, right?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You guys who were disappointed in the turnout, you do realize that this was held on the day of a huge sporting event in our region, right?
View Quote

Something I doubt you'll see the MSM discussing in detail when they describe how few people care, and how many whackos there are.  At the same time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah.  The irony of it.  Dumb asses supporting an antigun organization while missing out on an opportunity to protect their 2nd amendment rights. We are truly screwed. Yes I guess if we are going to keep our rights intact we'll have to keep in mind how apathetic and lazy many of our fellow gun owners are.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#30]
That was not my excuse. I am boycotting the NFL since they would not air a Daniel Defence comercial.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That was not my excuse. I am boycotting the NFL since they would not air a Daniel Defence comercial.
View Quote

Not you. I have friends that were home watching a football game. They know they can never bitch about what ever might happen when I'm around.  First crybaby within earshot whining about new gun laws is going to get an earful from me.   Getting real tired of apathetic gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gosh!  I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a football game!  I'm sure that the polititions will take that into consideration as they vote away our rights.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah.  The irony of it.  Dumb asses supporting an antigun organization while missing out on an opportunity to protect their 2nd amendment rights. We are truly screwed. Yes I guess if we are going to keep our rights intact we'll have to keep in mind how apathetic and lazy many of our fellow gun owners are.
View Quote

Bread and circuses.  Historically tried and true method for keeping the groudlings in their Barcaloungers....
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:09:54 AM EDT
[#34]

There are videos of the rally here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/daylightdisinfectant/videos
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

We are truly screwed. Yes I guess if we are going to keep our rights intact we'll have to keep in mind how apathetic and lazy many of our fellow gun owners are.
View Quote
I am not apathetic or lazy. I am broke. Would have loved to attend, but I just went back to work after being unemployed for the last four months. Spent most of 2012 unemployed. My savings buffer is gone and now I can barely keep my truck filled with diesel so I can commute to and from work. Those of us that are single income households and are having a tough time in this economy sometimes cannot afford to drive to Salem. I am not bitching you out or whining, but $80 bucks in fuel there and back is quite a bit. Will have to do my part by calling and emailing my views. Just Sayin'...

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 8:32:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I am not apathetic or lazy. I am broke. Would have loved to attend, but I just went back to work after being unemployed for the last four months. Spent most of 2012 unemployed. My savings buffer is gone and now I can barely keep my truck filled with diesel so I can commute to and from work. Those of us that are single income households and are having a tough time in this economy sometimes cannot afford to drive to Salem. I am not bitching you out or whining, but $80 bucks in fuel there and back is quite a bit. Will have to do my part by calling and emailing my views. Just Sayin'...      
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are truly screwed. Yes I guess if we are going to keep our rights intact we'll have to keep in mind how apathetic and lazy many of our fellow gun owners are.

Thanks for sending letters and making those calls.  You don't need to explain why you weren't there to anyone.  I know that there are some very devoted people out there that simply could not make it. My gripe is that gun owners I know who actually live in Salem didn't bother to show because of a football game.  Just really grates on me that anyone would expect others to win this fight for them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks for sending letters and making those calls.  You don't need to explain why you weren't there to anyone.  I know that there are some very devoted people out there that simply could not make it. My gripe is that gun owners I know who actually live in Salem didn't bother to show because of a football game.  Just really grates on me that anyone would expect others to win this fight for them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second that. Everyone has their reasons, but we all have to weigh those decisions hard. We wont get these rights back without force, this is our last chance to turn the tide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top