Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2012 5:09:36 PM EDT
All,

My daughter moved to Bend this summer and they have two cars that need looking at.  Anyone know a good mechanic in Bend or Redmond?  One is a '98 Olds 88 and the other is a 2009 (or 10) Ford Focus.  Olds has a gas leak.  I think it's at the rear of the car.  Focus has a surging issue when in gear.

TIA,

Tom
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about Bend. There is a good one in Madras but that's likely too far away for them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Car-Kare

1092 SE Centennial St.
Bend
541-382-4896

Near Reed Market Road and 8th.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:53:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Don't know about Bend. There is a good one in Madras but that's likely too far away for them.

Who?  Just moved to Madras a couple months ago and good info to know.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jerry's. Just out of town on the south end of Madras. East side of the hwy. Tin roofed building by a line of yellow apts that look like it may have been a motel years ago.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jerry's. Just out of town on the south end of Madras. East side of the hwy. Tin roofed building by a line of yellow apts that look like it may have been a motel years ago.

Cool, thanks.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I took a pre-owned truck to Bend Auto and they were great with giving me a good breakdown on the vehicle. I think I found my mechanic here in Bend.

Bend Automotive Ctr
20449 Cady Way, Bend, OR 97701
(541) 389-3815
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
There is a little run down looking shop in Redmond called Oscar's.  It doesn't look like much and I was very reluctant to take my car there.  I did get over the fact that it looked a little shady, and once I talked to Oscar I thought I would try him out.  He ordered and replaced my Idle control Valve on my Civic for around $300.  That was parts and labor.  The other 3 shops that I talked to all quoted me $450 and up.  I have had no problem whatsoever since then and that was over a year ago.  He is located near Fred Meyers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top