Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2011 9:17:18 PM EDT
I have my test scheduled for Monday at noon. I have completed one of the 16 hour programs and scored about 95% on the practice final exam.

Is it really necessary for me to read the entire contractors reference manual? I am pretty proficient with looking things up in the index.

Did you read the entire book, or just learn how to look things up?
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#1]
It's open book... Tab your chapters, I read the whole thing.
Hit everything you are sure about and you can go back over the questions you need to  look up.
I was really surprised at how easy it was. Really kinda stupid, just another way to have government control in my life.

If your a standup contractor––-your a stand up contractor.

Pay attention to the CCB paperwork that you have to give out on ALL your contracts.

Don't sweat the test, this isn't Commiefornia.
Dave
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 6:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It's open book... Tab your chapters, I read the whole thing.
Hit everything you are sure about and you can go back over the questions you need to  look up.
I was really surprised at how easy it was. Really kinda stupid, just another way to have government control in my life.

If your a standup contractor––-your a stand up contractor.

Pay attention to the CCB paperwork that you have to give out on ALL your contracts.

Don't sweat the test, this isn't Commiefornia.
Dave

What he said.  Although it sounds like you'll already know a lot of the answers the rest is basically a race to look up the information in the book.  I forget the time on it but it's more than enough.  I think I looked up almost every answer just to play it safe.  You'll do just fine.....

Link Posted: 4/25/2011 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
The test is a piece of cake, too damned easy if you ask me.  It explains the host of crappy contractors around.
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The test is a piece of cake, too damned easy if you ask me.  It explains the host of crappy contractors around.

Passed it without a problem, 74 out of 80 with about 30 minutes left on the clock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The test really has nothing to do with any trade so I don't see a correlation.

As for the OP:  the pass rate is a little over 70%  that means a fourth of the folks don't pass.

How did it go?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top