Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2010 2:41:41 PM EDT
The place was empty with nothing in it.  It was the location on 1st st.  Thought they just moved there this year.  Did they move again?
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I dunno, haven't been in there since they ordered me the wrong can...    They weren't the kind of place I like to take my business.  Pat Murphy or Mike @ TT are more my kind of guys.  DSG didn't even tell me they'd moved when I had two paid-for cans in their safe.  I showed up at their old/closed location and had to figure it out for myself...  Kind of freaked me out for a couple days till they finally called me back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i just did my cpl class there maybe 6 weeks ago...I never had any issues with the place and the guy behind the counter was polite and helpful.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in there Saturday. They just recently moved into that new place on first but the woman behind the counter said they were having to move out and run the place out of their home. They have around a dozen guns in the place, all overpriced, along with a few accessories. I can't really figure out what they are trying to do. If they are trying to run a business based on selling guns they are failing miserably. It definitely wasn't worth the 15 minute drive for me to get there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 3:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was in there Saturday. They just recently moved into that new place on first but the woman behind the counter said they were having to move out and run the place out of their home. They have around a dozen guns in the place, all overpriced, along with a few accessories. I can't really figure out what they are trying to do. If they are trying to run a business based on selling guns they are failing miserably. It definitely wasn't worth the 15 minute drive for me to get there.

It wasn't worth it for me to stop in the times that I did.... And I used to drive right behind their old building 5 days a week.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah, it's tough to run a small retail gun shop unless you offer some kind of speciality or niche (gunsmithing, low-cost high-volume transfers, etc.) that you're known for, and that can pay the bills.

I never saw anything at DSG that indicated to me they had such a niche.  As you said, just a few overpriced guns and accessories.  In the Internet age, that business model don't work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top