Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 6:16:43 PM EDT
looking to try and shoot 1000 yards plus .
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably not going to get that without going into the desert past Bend. I have a place in the Coast range that gives 750 but it's a  downward slant angle across a valley and a 20 minute round trip up a different logging round to set up the target.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The landing strip, I have yet to make it my self but there is apparently an abandoned landing strip out past the incestacada pit, you can see it on google earth and find your way in.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The landing strip, I have yet to make it my self but there is apparently an abandoned landing strip out past the incestacada pit, you can see it on google earth and find your way in.

Got any coordinates, could not find that location on the maps.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC this is the one that is up by Lost Lake,and if so good luck getting up there. Tank traps,boulders and anything else they could do to keep folks out has been done.
Also,if you get caught off the gravel road that leads to the trail,be prepared to pay a healthy fine and depending on the deputies disposition that day the possibility of getting your rig towed..
Years ago we would go up there to fly fish during the 2 months out of the year you could access it,there is also a backway in from there to get to Timothy Lake.
RK
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
In google earth try

45° 8'54.88"N

122° 8'52.48"W

Looks like a runway in the woods, and it looks like you can get to it from Fish Creek Rd, maybe.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In google earth try

45° 8'54.88"N

122° 8'52.48"W

Looks like a runway in the woods, and it looks like you can get to it from Fish Creek Rd, maybe.

Last I heard the Landing Strip is temporarily closed by the USFS for some repairs out there or something like that? Not shutdown forever, but while they have people out there they don't want guns going off...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In google earth try

45° 8'54.88"N

122° 8'52.48"W

Last I heard the Landing Strip is temporarily closed by the USFS for some repairs out there or something like that? Not shutdown forever, but while they have people out there they don't want guns going off...

As always, if you are unsure, its easy to stop at the USFS station and ask.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Also to help you out

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top