Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2010 9:01:02 AM EDT
On January 1st I decided a new .22 rifle was in order so my son and I could shoot at the same time. I went to two local shops and saw some fun stuff...Then, while leaving Clackamas Fred Meyer I notice a gun shop across the street. I'd seen it before but never stopped by when they were open. They were open on the 1st so the wife and I stopped in.

Gun Zone of America

Nice little shop with some good prices on handguns and long guns...had advertised "sale" prices on Glocks, Sigs, and DPMS...I don't get out and shop all the time but I was impressed with what I saw. He has a selection of parts, scopes, and ammo. Not a big store but what I really liked was the customer service. Never better.

The store is on my list of places to shop, of course it is only 2 miles from home. BTW - bought a Ruger SR22 rifle...his regular price was everyones sale price...

Hope this helps others looking to shop.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah - they are good guys over there.

Fairly good selection and pricing –– great customer service.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#2]
how much was the sr22
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 1:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
how much was the sr22

$4 fiddy
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Angelito and his son are good people, they are at the PDX gun show too... purchased my Bushmaster AR15 and my Vector AK47 from him, I'm on the east side (toward Gresham) and go out of my way to NOT buy from the local gun shop in my area... ahem, known for bad service but good prices...I'm sure you know who I am talking about :)
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
and go out of my way to NOT buy from the local gun shop in my area... ahem, known for bad service but good prices...I'm sure you know who I am talking about :)

I sure the hell do.....
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 6:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It's always nice to hear there are new / good Gun Shops in hippy-ville.

I'll swing out when I'm out in that area.  Need to add some parts to my Spikes ST22 upper.

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's always nice to hear there are new / good Gun Shops in hippy-ville.

I'll swing out when I'm out in that area.  Need to add some parts to my Spikes ST22 upper.

Yup...Gun Zone Retail Store at 16120 SE 82nd. Drive in Clackamas, located in the Greenhouse Shopping Center (across from Clackamas Fred Meyer)
They are just east of the I205 and Hwy 224 interchange (think on your way to Mt Hood/Estacada).

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
And while you're in that area.......check out The Gun Broker across the street a little bit away...........

The Gun Broker (Clackamas)
SE 82nd Dr
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503) 657-7203

I have no finiancial interest in the establishment mentioned in this post.

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup, picked up a GSG5 last year from there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And while you're in that area.......check out The Gun Broker across the street a little bit away...........

SE 82nd Dr
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503) 657-7203

Aloha, Mark

Ever since the big round gurmpy guy left the GB store on 82nd Ave it has been a good place to go. Nice having two stores within a nice walking distance from home...Going back to Gun Zone again today or tomorrow...My Glocks are just too smug sitting together in the safe. Looking to add another flavor.

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SE 82nd Dr
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503) 657-7203

Aloha, Mark

Ever since the big round gurmpy guy left the GB store on 82nd Ave it has been a good place to go. Nice having two stores within a nice walking distance from home...Going back to Gun Zone again today or tomorrow...My Glocks are just too smug sitting together in the safe. Looking to add another flavor.

Who was the big round grumpy guy?
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SE 82nd Dr
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503) 657-7203

Aloha, Mark

Who was the big round grumpy guy?

Don't know his name, and I can't say for sure but I believe he has been gone at least 1 year, maybe two.
Not friendly, never smiled, stayed behind the counter, kind of bald... (kind of sounds like me,,,'cept I'm not round)
Sorry, don't know much more.

The guys in GB now are GTG....

Link Posted: 1/7/2010 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Did he have a blond/redish beard?
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Angelito and his son are good people, they are at the PDX gun show too... purchased my Bushmaster AR15 and my Vector AK47 from him, I'm on the east side (toward Gresham) and go out of my way to NOT buy from the local gun shop in my area... ahem, known for bad service but good prices...I'm sure you know who I am talking about :)

+1
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did he have a blond/redish beard?

Sorry, don't recall, we were not that close
Link Posted: 1/7/2010 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I know someone that worked there about two years ago, he was/is a nice guy. Big bald and kinda goofy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top