Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 4:21:01 PM EDT
The whole family got it at my house. Back on my feet now. It was a rough couple of days though. Soon as I went back another co-worker went out sick.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]

checking in....
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
2 kids and myself , done,done and done, wife listening to her acupuncturist and taking Chinese herbs = STILL HASN'T GOT IT!!!!! , guess I should have taken the alfalfa smelling pills.
NoHair
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Had it earlier this year, February time. Wife was 6 months pregnant at the time and the 2 of us were held up with 103 degree temps and body aches, and vomiting for a little over a week. We are standing by the thought that we got the swine before all the media BS. But we are good now and the little one is a healthy 5 month old, with hopefully a nice immune system! Stay healthy everyone.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Not the H1N1, but the family has a horrible cold.  This one lasts easy for two weeks.  Hope we don't get the H1N1 on top of this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not the H1N1, but the family has a horrible cold.  This one lasts easy for two weeks.  Hope we don't get the H1N1 on top of this.

Many of the symptoms are cold like.  Likely it may be the piggy virus.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#6]
just got over it after a week and now the wife has it and blames it on me
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I had it right before I went on vacation.  Roomie's kids gave it to me

Whole house got it.  I didn't take any days off of work though (couldn't afford it),  but I did miss a show I wanted to see very badly.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought I might be getting it.  However the symptoms went into another direction.  It turns out I have a sinus infection.

Lot's of anti-biotics and bed rest for a couple of days.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...guess I should have taken the alfalfa smelling pills.
NoHair

I heard those work best if you smoke em.  

We live in the sticks and we homeschool.  Nothing here yet, but the kids haven't been to town in a month.  

We're trying to balance flu-avoidance vs. not becoming a hermit.  Our youngest is 3.  

Not easy.  Somedays we thinks "let's just get it over with".  Other days, we think "let's not".

Anyone else restricting their kids activity a bit to cut the odds?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...guess I should have taken the alfalfa smelling pills.
NoHair

I heard those work best if you smoke em.  

We live in the sticks and we homeschool.  Nothing here yet, but the kids haven't been to town in a month.  

We're trying to balance flu-avoidance vs. not becoming a hermit.  Our youngest is 3.  

Not easy.  Somedays we thinks "let's just get it over with".  Other days, we think "let's not".

Anyone else restricting their kids activity a bit to cut the odds?

Tried restricting the kids and keeping their hands really clean... didn't work... the oldest of the 3 has had a 102-103+ fever for the last 3 days and terrible respiratory issues... Doc said it is surely H1N1 but they are not testing unless admitted to the hospital. Wife and I are sick but not as bad... just waiting for the other two to drop. It is scary when you have 3 kids under 6 years of age... but we will get it... kick it... and be done with it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I thought I might be getting it.  However the symptoms went into another direction.  It turns out I have a sinus infection.

Lot's of anti-biotics and bed rest for a couple of days.

It was pretty sweet..... I had the flu, and when I was "over" it, I got a sinus infection as a complication.  20 days on meds for it and counting.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Yep we've all had H1N1.
My wife first - a month ago when she started back at U of O
then my 3 year old daughter 10 days ago (probably from pre school)
I got it last Thursday (staying home to look after the daughter)
then my 5 year old son started with it 2 days ago.

It's not too bad - high fever for a couple days, overall aching and feeling crap, then a horrible cough that won't go away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top