Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2009 12:20:01 AM EDT
So the lamp in my TV went out...  50" Sony monster.  

It was the shit when it came out...  I was state of the art for a couple weeks.  First kid on the block to have a 50" HD 1080p TV.

I'm sad, but the world is an imperfect place and light bulbs burn out.   It lasted almot 5 years.

I thought I had an excuse to get another big ass expensive TV and go LCD this time but the replacement bulb is available on line for $185 shipped 2nd day for free so I'm thinking the TV will be brough back to life.

My question is, any one have a suggestion on who may carry something like that in stock locally?  

I was thinking about Fry's and Video Only but  can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 7:22:44 AM EDT
[#1]
when the lamp went out in our jvc i called all over and i got
the same response every where. it had to be ordered
they said there are so many different bulbs that nobody
stocks any bulbs but maybe you will have better luck in the
portland area
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 5:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf's service center seems to be the place...  a couple specialty audio/video stores directed me to them.  However, they weren't open today.

Fry's had 2 lmps in stock…  so, no excuse to buy a new TV but this one has been brought back to life for a while longer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#3]
That sucks.  Sony had a class action law suit against them not too long ago for putting shitty bulbs in their TVs.  I bought a 50 inch SXRD when they were brand new and the bulb faded to a really bad greenish tint so everything on TV looked like it was greenish yellow.  Luckily I found out about the lawsuit and they replaced it for free.  If you have the same model you may want to look into having it replaced for free.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So the lamp in my TV went out...  50" Sony monster.  

It was the shit when it came out...  I was state of the art for a couple weeks.  First kid on the block to have a 50" HD 1080p TV.

I'm sad, but the world is an imperfect place and light bulbs burn out.   It lasted almot 5 years.

I thought I had an excuse to get another big ass expensive TV and go LCD this time but the replacement bulb is available on line for $185 shipped 2nd day for free so I'm thinking the TV will be brough back to life.

My question is, any one have a suggestion on who may carry something like that in stock locally?  

I was thinking about Fry's and Video Only but  can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head.

It's a baby monster.
I found my bulb in Vancouver.....They have a spot in portland, too. Google it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, I KNOW!  

It was a monster 5 years ago...  then the 60" in the same form factor came out (minus the speakers on the edge) a month later...  

If the bulb didnt fix it or if it was cost prohibitive... I was looking at the 70" LCD wall mounted.  

but the bulb lasted 4 years, 9 months and cost less than $200 to fix so suppose I have to keep this one for a little while longer.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to replace a bulb the other day in my 60" Sony HD TV and I went to Gresham T.V. and Cellular on Cleavland in Gresham. The bulb was around the $200 mark. Once installed I could not believe how much brighter the picture was, these things really get darker over time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top