Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2009 8:53:54 PM EDT
So I'm sure at least a good chunk of us are NRA members and received the email quoted and linked below. Upon reading the email my thoughts were as follows;

"Hmm I wonder if Oregon's AG is listed?"

So not to my surprise, John Kroger for Oregon isn't listed as participating. I figured it might be a good idea to send an email campaign to him
# 1 - Force him to respond to why he didn't.
# 2 - Let him know Oregon gun owners are paying attention.

Keep in mind only 23 states signed this, making it the minority...we need to influence at least a few others to agree to make sure the majority back this.

I found two email address for him.
[email protected] (thanks to August_West)
[email protected]

If you prefer to copy and paste here is a copy of the letter I sent, short and sweet;
Dear Honorable Mr. Kroger,

Recently 23 State Attorneys General sent a letter to Erick Holder advising him they want no part of another failed Assault Weapons ban. This policy had zero impact on crime, criminals are criminals for a very obvious reason, they don't follow the laws. This type of policy only restricts law abiding citizens from our 2nd amendment right;

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person.

I cannot support any elected official that doesn't support two key items;
# 1 - FILL IN.
# 2 - Supports the 2nd amendment right of law abiding citizens to keep & bear arms.

When the opportunity presents itself to choose a side, for my continue support I hope you agree with the United States Constitution and the recent Supreme Courts decision that The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringe.

Signed Sincerely,
XXXXXXX

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=4971
Friday, June 12, 2009

On June 11, the top law enforcement officials of nearly half the states signed a letter to U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder, expressing their opposition to reinstatement of the federal ban on semi-automatic firearms.

"We share the Obama Administration's commitment to reducing illegal drugs and violent crime within the United States. We also share your deep concern about drug cartel violence in Mexico. However, we do not believe that restricting law-abiding Americans' access to certain semi-automatic firearms will resolve any of these problems," the letter said.

The letter notes congressional opposition to bringing back the ban, and calls for increasing enforcement of existing laws.

We encourage NRA members to let these state officials know we appreciate them standing up to the incessant clamor for gun control that is currently coming from anti-gun groups and their media allies.

The 23 state Attorneys General, in alphabetical order, by state, are:

Arkansas – The Honorable Dustin McDaniel
Alabama - The Honorable Troy King
Colorado - The Honorable John W. Suthers
Florida - The Honorable Bill McCollum
Georgia - The Honorable Thurbert E. Baker
Idaho - The Honorable Lawrence G. Wasden
Kansas - The Honorable Steve Six
Kentucky - The Honorable Jack Conway
Louisiana - The Honorable James D. Caldwell
Michigan - The Honorable Mike Cox
Missouri - The Honorable Chris Koster
Montana - The Honorable Steve Bullock
Oklahoma - The Honorable W.A. Edmonson
Nebraska - The Honorable Jon Bruning
Nevada - The Honorable Catherine Cortez Masto
New Hampshire - The Honorable Kelly A. Ayotte
North Dakota - The Honorable Wayne Stenehjem
South Carolina - The Honorable Henry McMaster
South Dakota - The Honorable Lawrence Long
Texas - The Honorable Greg Abbott
Utah - The Honorable Mark L. Shurtleff
Wisconsin – The Honorable J.B. Van Hollen
Wyoming - The Honorable Bruce A. Salzburg

To read the letter in its entirety, please click here.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:23:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Letter sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top