Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 9:23:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be interested...

I "should" have my .45 can by then, but then again you never know... The check cleared a month ago.

If not then all I have is my TROS .223 Envoy on a Colt R0977/6921 upper.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds fun! I love to shoot with other quiet folks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there as long as it's not the same weekend as September LCR.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:01:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell yeah I am in,

I would love that!!!!

Let me know when/where.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be in with my two TROS cans .22MDT and 223 Envoy
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds cool!

Not so sure about Johhny Law coming tho

Never invite the man into your life
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Interested, I have a can or two I could bring.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Can I come and take pictures? Or would the sound of the shutter be to loud for you folk?
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

<snip>

Ya I got ya.

If they were LEO's you knew already I guess it would,nt bug me.

I just generally am suspicious of them as a whole due to the bad apples

More my issue than anything I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I might be in for that, I got a HEMS2 and i got a call that my Warlock went pending yesterday
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like fun.  If it works with the old schedule I would love to come.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell me when and where and I'll bring my shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#14]
The big Albany 2-day MG shoot in May has a "suppressors only" time.  Usually about 45 minutes around noon both days.  Its one of the more popular times of day.

I have a goodly number of registered suppressors, including some I've designed.  They're very, very interesting to work with.

However, if you have the JBT's there, I'll pass on your event.

The JBT's are not our friends.  They are not our allies.  They just pull their horns and fangs in when they want to hang out with the kool people.  They'd just as soon confiscate your stuff and cram you in an oven as fill their traffic ticket quota.  As they do it they'll quote the JBT mantra "Ordnung!  The law must be enforced!  Ve are only following orders!"

See "Katrina".
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Why is it you mention the word and all the fookers come out of the woodwork

and turn it into a
thread????

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:43:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll be there to take pics if I can make it.  I don't care if "da man" is there.  As long as I can shoot the camera, I have no issues.  Hell, I'll even bring my Warlock, just so I'll have something to plink with.

I don't like it when they give me the finger though...      

-Mark.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'll be there to take pics if I can make it.  I don't care if "da man" is there.  As long as I can shoot the camera, I have no issues.  Hell, I'll even bring my Warlock, just so I'll have something to plink with.

m-mason.smugmug.com/photos/124730362_h37wt-L-1.jpg

-Mark.

That younger officer looked like he was scared shitless when he first approached us."Uhhh...Hey...Uhh.. Hi, hi Guys...." They turned out to be just fine and only wanted to make sure we were legit and weren't planning on dumping  whole bunch of trash.

I've got no problem with any LEOs that want to show up officially or as gun guys. I've yet to meet an LEO in the gun circle that wasn't friendly or amiable. I'm sure if there were any non-friendly officers around we would all know them by name!!!

Count me in Nox.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
The big Albany 2-day MG shoot in May has a "suppressors only" time.  Usually about 45 minutes around noon both days.  Its one of the more popular times of day.

I have a goodly number of registered suppressors, including some I've designed.  They're very, very interesting to work with.

However, if you have the JBT's there, I'll pass on your event.

The JBT's are not our friends.  They are not our allies.  They just pull their horns and fangs in when they want to hang out with the kool people.  They'd just as soon confiscate your stuff and cram you in an oven as fill their traffic ticket quota.  As they do it they'll quote the JBT mantra "Ordnung!  The law must be enforced!  Ve are only following orders!"

See "Katrina".

See "Hat, tinfoil"

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Mark.

That younger officer looked like he was scared shitless when he first approached us."Uhhh...Hey...Uhh.. Hi, hi Guys...." They turned out to be just fine and only wanted to make sure we were legit and weren't planning on dumping  whole bunch of trash.

I've got no problem with any LEOs that want to show up officially or as gun guys. I've yet to meet an LEO in the gun circle that wasn't friendly or amiable. I'm sure if there were any non-friendly officers around we would all know them by name!!!

Count me in Nox.

Yeah he relaxed after a bit. I lol'd when he came up and said "we've...we er..er.. had reports of fully automatic fire" (OMFG!!1!1 MG's BRB!) And then again when everyone was offering him mag dumps. Good times.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Bloody double tap! Cocks etc.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-Mark.

Count me in Nox.

That was a fun shoot!

I am in as long as my schedule will allow.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#21]
They were scared shitless....no doubt about it..

they were surrounded by peaceful paramilitary people exercising their rights.

That was scary to them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
They were scared shitless....no doubt about it..

they were surrounded by peaceful paramilitary people exercising their rights.

That was scary to them.

I'd say there were damn few "paramilitary" people out there.  Most people out there were just normal folks having fun.  Not sure why machineguns and "other" would make someone "paramilitary".  Unless "paramilitary" does not mean what I think it means, which would be inconcievable.

-Mark.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#23]
By LE, do you mean a shooting enthusiast who will join in the fun, or do you mean someone in uniform with tinted glasses who will stare at you while you are shooting your suppressed gun?

Like I said in the other thread, I got all of my cans through GBs, so I bet there will be a lot of the same cans.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Like I kinda said in another thread:

I'm in if it works with my schedule.  I might bring:  

SRT suppressed 50 Beowulf
44 Mag Silent Destroyer suppressed by Tom Denall
SRT Suppressed 45 Camp Carbine
Serbu Siris or something integral 22lr

Something I may bring to a future shoot High Standard HD-M Suppressed

Dave
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#25]
M60 I talked to a Marion County Detective and he stated to me that he thinks that any gathering of civilian shooters with military weapons is a paramilitary get together and its against Oregon state law because it can be considered militia activity.

He stated this to me at Sportsman Warehouse 2 years ago when I attended a Memaloose shoot in the spring of 06
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So Merrend even if you don't own any NFA or even a firearm you are welcome to come out and join us.

I've got the guns, but the damn government won't let me own a suppressor for another 6 months.

But that doesn't mean I can't come out and take pictures of the mayhem with another type of gun.

Anyone have a time or a date yet?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm looking to get a bunch of people together for a suppressor only shoot. And I do mean suppressor only. I would like to get a gathering of every suppressor that we can put our hands on to do a group evaluation and opinion poll on comparing like suppressors/ammo/firearm combos.

I'd really like to see as many people there with as many cans we can get. If this idea flies I'd like to get a list of attendees with what suppressors. I'd make a somewhat formal test list of what cans/combos to shoot together and then make up some polling sheets for all who attend to fill out. I'd take the data and compile it and share that here and other sites. If people are agreeable I'd also like to video some of the tests.

Unless a better place is determined I'm thinking Memaloose or the one further up the road that no one goes to. Another wild idea is to invite LE people out to join in the process. It is preferred that it's a somewhat open area to reduce reflected sound.

I'm thinking sometime in September would be good as that would allow some of us to hopefully get some toys through the BATF paperwork and arrange things so that it goes smoothly and doesn't turn into a cluster.

Ideas? Discussion?

Just an Idea, might be a good idea to shoot at a "less used" place. Just so we don't end up with some Unsuppressed shooter's, showing up and ruining the Silenced goodness.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Why is it you mention the word and all the fookers come out of the woodwork.

A cop is a cop and any other role he may play or you ask him to play is secondary. They are mentally on duty 24/7.

They see themselves as a group having power and a bond separate from civilians.  When you invite LEO’s into your ranks you are changing the dynamics of the situation.  Some civilians get off by hanging around LEO’s.

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
There is a pit about another 10 miles up the road from my understanding. It has very little traffic.

I don't have a date other than in September sometime. Tracker.... when will you be up in Oregon?

The next time I am home for a whole week is the weekend after labor day weekend.  I would like to hear the SWR Trident on the Glock platform.

Sunday September 7th or Saturday the 13th would work for me.  

Thanks for asking,

Scott
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#31]
If I can swing it, I'd love to come out.  No suppressors to share, but I can bring ammo!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:47:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
M60 I talked to a Marion County Detective and he stated to me that he thinks that any gathering of civilian shooters with military weapons is a paramilitary get together and its against Oregon state law because it can be considered militia activity.

He stated this to me at Sportsman Warehouse 2 years ago when I attended a Memaloose shoot in the spring of 06

Laughable. I can only hope you told him that should get into the real world occassionally.

Otherwise encourage him to test his theory in front of a judge by going to a squeeker shoot or a 3 gun match.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Laughable. I can only hope you told him that should get into the real world occassionally.

Otherwise encourage him to test his theory in front of a judge by going to a squeeker shoot or a 3 gun match.

+1

166.660 Unlawful paramilitary activity. (1) A person commits the crime of unlawful paramilitary activity if the person:

(a) Exhibits, displays or demonstrates to another person the use, application or making of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or any technique capable of causing injury or death to persons and intends or knows that such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique will be unlawfully employed for use in a civil disorder; or

(b) Assembles with one or more other persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons with the intent to unlawfully employ such firearm, explosive or incendiary device or technique in a civil disorder.

(2)(a) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any act of any law enforcement officer performed in the otherwise lawful performance of the officer’s official duties.

(b) Nothing in this section makes unlawful any activity of the State Department of Fish and Wildlife, or any activity intended to teach or practice self-defense or self-defense techniques, such as karate clubs or self-defense clinics, and similar lawful activity, or any facility, program or lawful activity related to firearms instruction and training intended to teach the safe handling and use of firearms, or any other lawful sports or activities related to the individual recreational use or possession of firearms, including but not limited to hunting activities, target shooting, self-defense, firearms collection or any organized activity including, but not limited to any hunting club, rifle club, rifle range or shooting range which does not include a conspiracy as defined in ORS 161.450 or the knowledge of or the intent to cause or further a civil disorder.

(3) Unlawful paramilitary activity is a Class C felony.

(4) As used in this section:

(a) “Civil disorder” means acts of physical violence by assemblages of three or more persons which cause damage or injury, or immediate danger thereof, to the person or property of any other individual.

(b) “Firearm” means a weapon, by whatever name known, which is designed to expel a projectile by the action of black powder or smokeless black powder and which is readily capable of use as a weapon.

(c) “Explosive” means a chemical compound, mixture or device that is commonly used or intended for the purpose of producing a chemical reaction resulting in a substantially instantaneous release of gas and heat, including but not limited to dynamite, blasting powder, nitroglycerin, blasting caps and nitrojelly, but excluding fireworks as defined in ORS 480.110 (1), black powder, smokeless powder, small arms ammunition and small arms ammunition primers.

(d) “Law enforcement officer” means any duly constituted police officer of the United States, any state, any political subdivision of a state or the District of Columbia, and also includes members of the military reserve forces or National Guard as defined in 10 U.S.C. 101 (9), members of the organized militia of any state or territory of the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or the District of Columbia not included within the definition of National Guard as defined by 10 U.S.C. 101 (9), members of the Armed Forces of the United States and such persons as are defined in ORS 161.015 (4) when in the performance of official duties. [1983 c.792 §2; 1987 c.858 §3; 2001 c.666 §§26,38; 2005 c.830 §27]
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Well said Zeke!

-Mark.

Link Posted: 8/15/2008 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#37]
So where are we at with this?
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I could care less....this was what was told to me.

That's why I don't like shoots in marion county.

Paranoid fucks...

I don't mind going to any shoots as long as some paranoid LEO doesn't bother us or me.
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 10:40:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Hope you guys have fun, I'll miss doing this...
Link Posted: 8/15/2008 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#41]
All I have is a lowly ol 22 can and a Walther. When and where?

I am tyring to sell my classic jeep to fund some other gun projects though. It would be nice to hear a 30 can and a 9mm can in person.

Tony.
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#42]
bump for the thing
Link Posted: 8/18/2008 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes, I will be there.

I should have 3 cans and an MP5.

Let us know when this is!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I would love to go. I live in Grants Pass but will make the drive up north. I don't have my can yet. I sent my form 4 in on Aug 12th. It has only been a week and I'm pacing. This will be my first can. I have never even heard a gun with a can on it so I'm really excited.
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Yes, I will be there.

great, might have to go after all

i see you are making lots of friends on one of the other forums

NoHair
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 8:16:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Jeez, is everyone rich here or something?

How the $$ for so many cans?
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, I will be there.

NoHair

You are telling me....JEBUS

Eh that's ok, it is all for the great cause.

And for the above post, no not rich, just don't spend money on anything else....like girls, food, water...hell I even think the power is ou.......

Link Posted: 8/19/2008 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, I will be there.

NoHair

You are telling me....JEBUS

Eh that's ok, it is all for the great cause.

And for the above post, no not rich, just don't spend money on anything else....like girls, food, water...hell I even think the power is ou.......

Link Posted: 8/19/2008 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Jeez, is everyone rich here or something?

How the $$ for so many cans?

prioritizing, top ramen isn't that bad after you mix some greens from your neighbors lawn in for a change
Link Posted: 8/19/2008 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top