Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 6:54:47 AM EDT
Hi,
Just saw this and thought I would pass it along.
As the boyscouts always say, "Be prepared"....

http://www.bakercityherald.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=6690
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, just wow.

Kind of strange behavior by a bear.  Usually they run away fast.

As a father of 4 little ones it will make me more alert when we go into the woods.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, good story and no bias that I saw. A rarity.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow, good story and no bias that I saw. A rarity.

+1
except for the 'clip' thing, I thought it was probably one of the best articles I've read in a long time.
another notch for the 'ol 1911
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I knew what kind of ammo he was shooting.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
He said..... CLIP!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.  A guy I work with had one charge on him last year.  Emptied a mag through his G22 to take it down.

I gotta find a hood holster for my .44 mag!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
While he's lucky he had the gun and the wherewithall to shoot a charging bear and make solid, effective hits, it really is too bad that he can't keep the hide or qualify for a record.  I'm surprised he contacted OSP.  I know that in Marion County where we have a few black bears and an increasing number of cougars there is a strong contingent of outdoorsmen who adhere to the shoot, shovel, and shut-up school of thought.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top