Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2008 9:15:01 AM EDT
Prescription Range glasses? Who's using them, what brand, where to get them done locally (Portland)

The only recommendation I have so far is Wiley x.

All comments are welcome!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't get "shooting glasses persay, I find good oakley of nike sunglass frames with lots of coverage and good spring sport style temples and have perscription lenses made for them. As long as the frames are all metal around the lenses a good optical lenses maker can do it. You are also able to get exactly you perscription and the tinit you want. I always find the frames myself and then take them to Optical Broker in NW Portland on 21st and Burnside (IIRC). The cost is usually less than I would pay for a normal pair of glasses at say a mall shop even with a couple of coatings.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I have looked at, but can not yet afford: hidefspex

They seem to have a great handle on a sport shooting glasses system, especially wide angle of view for shotgun sports. That's how we came to hear of them (skeet shooting).

Cheers

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually use Bolle Vigilantes with an Rx insert in them. They are light and have good coverage, the lenses being changeable are a bonus.

Or you can use contact lenses and any protective glasses.

BSW
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the same pair of Oakleys that I used when I was in Iraq.  They work great and it didn't cost me as much as I thought it would to get perscription lenses.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
ESS makes their ICE glasses with prescriptions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top