Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 3:39:44 PM EDT
Need help (barrel adapter/gear puller)on the front trunion.

Done working on the rear....both pins are out now

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#1]
yes you need to press out the bbl to remove the rivets and to rivet it to the new reciever
on the rear trunnion you need to drill about 3/4 of the way through then punch the rivet out  

it is so much fun
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You big baby!  De-mill your kit!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You're gonna have to suck it up too...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
OK...OK.....I need to borrow some stuff.

Anyone have the crap to pull the barrel? I could stop by this week.

Oh, and I got one of them there frozen barrel pins.

First AK(AMD-65) build and I don't want to f#@k it up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Send it to me, I'd be happy to do it for you.

BTW I'm in salem.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Send it to me, I'd be happy to do it for you.

BTW I'm in salem.

Thanks!!!
IM sent
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I can do it for ya too.  You will have to drop it off, pick it up though in the H-wood dist.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still planning on demilling mine at the build party.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm still planning on demilling mine at the build party.

UH OH!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
PC, you most likely won't get it done. I'll extend my offer to your kit if you would like.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
PC, you most likely won't get it done. I'll extend my offer to your kit if you would like.

Conju, Camo_Ken is going to bring my trunion/barrel to you tomorrow.
Thanks for the help!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Dammit.  I was under the impression that popping a pin, pulling the barrel and drilling out 4 rivets wouldn't take much time, assuming the tools were available at the party.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit.  I was under the impression that popping a pin, pulling the barrel and drilling out 4 rivets wouldn't take much time, assuming the tools were available at the party.

I thought the same thing, but last time they didn't finish the builds because of the de-milling.

Conju, thanks for the help!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I can demill a kit in about 1-2 hours, mainly cause I like to take my time so I end up with a quality end result.

When you first do it, it is a semi steep learning curve so mistakes are common and that also slows down the process to a crawl.

Also during the last build party, I spent 99% of my time teaching 5 people how to demil their kits properly and also pulling stuck/broken bits. It was fairly inefficient.

I will demil your kit before the party for you if you can get it to me, but I can't promise I'll have the time help you achieve the same result on saturday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:37:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I can demill a kit in about 1-2 hours, mainly cause I like to take my time so I end up with a quality end result.

When you first do it, it is a semi steep learning curve so mistakes are common and that also slows down the process to a crawl.

Also during the last build party, I spent 99% of my time teaching 5 people how to demil their kits properly and also pulling stuck/broken bits. It was fairly inefficient.

I will demil your kit before the party for you if you can get it to me, but I can't promise I'll have the time help you achieve the same result on saturday.

I see your point, however, I am pretty sure I know what to do, but just don't have the proper tools to do it.  I need to press the barrel pin out with a press, or try the vice and hammer trick again.  The barrel can be pushed out with the aid of a nickel, some pennies and a press, or a vice and a hammer.  I pretty much have my rivet drilling techniques down pat from completely demilling the rest of the kit.

I figure, 1 hour tops.  Assuming everything else goes well with everyone else's kits, I should have the rivets done and the barrel installed, which I all I really hope to accomplish since I can do the rest of the assembly myself after refinishing.

Am I wrong here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top