Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2007 7:53:28 AM EDT
Hey I am kind of looking to replace my SKS stock with an original one anyone know where to find one?

This is how it looks now, I think I want to go more original.

Link Posted: 12/5/2007 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Norinco??

If so I can check with a buddy of mine....when I sold him my old one I gave him  3 stocks with it....
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Norinco??

If so I can check with a buddy of mine....when I sold him my old one I gave him  3 stocks with it....

Yeah its a Norinco.  I dont mind whats on it I just think they look better with wood.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:27:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Norinco??

Yeah its a Norinco.  I dont mind whats on it I just think they look better with wood.

I agree.  An SKS should not be AK-ified or AR-ified.  It looks damn good in wood!  Good luck finding a stock.  Do you still have the bayo?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]
www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Stocks_&_Stock_Sets.html

second one down
brand new
$10 (20 including shipping)
pretty hard to beat IMO
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Norinco??

I agree.  An SKS should not be AK-ified or AR-ified.  It looks damn good in wood!  Good luck finding a stock.  Do you still have the bayo?

No I didnt get one when I got it.  Anyone know where I can pick one of those up as well?
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

second one down
brand new
pretty hard to beat IMO

Description says: New Hardwood SKS Stock and Hanguard sets. No metal parts included. Made for Rifles with a Blade Bayonet. ie. Romanian, Chinese, and Russian. High Quality, final fit and finish Required.

Anyone know if this will fit without the bayonet?  What metal parts are not included and can I take them from the current stock?  Anyone know what kind of fit and finish will need to be done and how hard it is to do?

And thanks thats a pretty good price.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

second one down
brand new
pretty hard to beat IMO

Description says: New Hardwood SKS Stock and Hanguard sets. No metal parts included. Made for Rifles with a Blade Bayonet. ie. Romanian, Chinese, and Russian. High Quality, final fit and finish Required.

Anyone know if this will fit without the bayonet?  What metal parts are not included and can I take them from the current stock?  Anyone know what kind of fit and finish will need to be done and how hard it is to do?

yes, it will work without the bayonet
evrey single metal part in your plastic stock will need to come off and be installed on/in the wooden stock.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but there may be one cap on the rear end of the upper handguard that you may need to buy  I see it now, you should have everything you need.
a little fit and finish will be required for just about any wooden stock you will get a hold of.  basically you will just need to sand some of the wood down so that the receiver, barrel, stock cap, etc. will fit.
It all depends on the stock and hardware you have.  It may drop right in and  not need any work, or it may take a little time to get it to fit correctly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

second one down
brand new
pretty hard to beat IMO

yes, it will work without the bayonet
evrey single metal part in your plastic stock will need to come off and be installed on/in the wooden stock.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but there may be one cap on the rear end of the upper handguard that you may need to buy  I see it now, you should have everything you need.
a little fit and finish will be required for just about any wooden stock you will get a hold of.  basically you will just need to sand some of the wood down so that the receiver, barrel, stock cap, etc. will fit.
It all depends on the stock and hardware you have.  It may drop right in and  not need any work, or it may take a little time to get it to fit correctly.

Sweet Ill have to order one thanks for the info.  Hopefully there isnt too much work for it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 1:57:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure it has the recoil lug also.....

eta....good find! damn cheap.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Make sure it has the recoil lug also.....

eta....good find! damn cheap.

Don't even know what a recoil lug is.  Looks like i am gonna have to read up on them some.  I got it as partial trade on my AR and haven't even shot it yet.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 2:16:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Metal cross pin in the stock that the receiver hooks around...

It will be MUCH better balanced with a factory stock BTW...I had a drugonov stock on mine for awhile ( hey, it was a learning experience.. ) I found it put all the weight too far forwrd, and was uncomfortable to shoot.

I really should pick up another one...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top