Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2007 3:37:25 PM EDT
its for another SBR project I have going on.

Was shocked and I am still not getting over the shock.

It's just shocking.....

FUCK RAMIREZ so damn glad he is so gone the door didn't hit him on the way out.

Olson is good on my book.

I told him the de Dubrovszky family and Dumakovszky family will be his support.

Told me, he has no issues signing whatever...

He has my vote guys.

Link Posted: 11/21/2007 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Did Isham sign the forms himself?

Ramirez usually delegated it out to his undersheriffs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Ramirez is not around, it says OLSON... SHERIFF. which is good.

I like that...it wasn't an undersheriff, it was OLSON dude.

I will still go the trust route but for some SBR's I will just go the individual route.

Prints are easy as I can get it done at ft. Lewis
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 5:49:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They've had a set of my paperwork for 2 weeks now, no phone call yet.  Do you guys call them for status, or wait for them to call you to come pick them up?  I don't want to annoy them or interrupt their day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Olson is the undersheriff, so it looks like the sheriff is still delegating the work out.

www.co.marion.or.us/SO/phonedirectory.htm

Good to hear that the office still has fast turnaround, I sure hate going into that building though...
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah same here...bastards always give me trouble because of my metal hip.

Have to take off my hearing aids too.

Sure can't stop a damn truck though
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
That's sweet.

Do you have to get it signed off in the country you live?

The reason why I ask is that all info says I live in Seaside.  I am in PDX for school.  

When I go to buy a suppressor this next year can I just take it to Clatsop County instead of Washington?

I used to work at the SO there so I am sure I could get it signed FAST.

Any info?
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's sweet.

The reason why I ask is that all info says I live in Seaside.  I am in PDX for school.  

When I go to buy a suppressor this next year can I just take it to Clatsop County instead of Washington?

Any info?

You gotta get it signed off by a Chief Law Enforcement Officer that has jurisdiction over your legal residence.  If you have a legal residence in Seaside, then you're GTG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 8:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That's sweet.

Any info?

You gotta get it signed off by a Chief Law Enforcement Officer that has jurisdiction over your legal residence.  If you have a legal residence in Seaside, then you're GTG.

Sweeeeet  
Link Posted: 11/21/2007 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Dropped off my Form 4 for the little SWR 22lr can a couple weeks ago; nothing yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#10]
then my current theory is still valid then.

Maybe they are happy with MGs, and SBR's but no cans.

That's why I went the trust route.

No better way to test that theory than to get another can and see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I think I'll submit like 10 form 4's and 8 form 1's sometime, just to see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Exactly. That's why I went that route too. That way you don't have to rely on someone else, besides the ATF, to get your stuff apporved....less waiting too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Are you really going to do that Conju or are you babbling with bibbles once again?

I'm in the market for another can either a .223 one , 9mm , or .45

So I am gonna do it and see what happens.

Just curious...

Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Again?

Maybe, I need to see if theres any law against submitting a bunch of forms I'm not going to use.

Although a few cans are in my future I think...
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#15]
hmmmm good point.....I don't think there is a law......maybe we should go together and see what happens.

each of us submit some cans, SBR, MG's and just see what happens.

And put a timer on it and see how fast it comes back
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. That's why I went that route too. That way you don't have to rely on someone else, besides the ATF, to get your stuff apporved....less waiting too.

What is the trust rout?  I have not looked into it
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What is the trust rout?  I have not looked into it

There has been a lot of discussion on trusts in here in the last year but I'll give you the short version.

I formed a trust so that my wife and eventually the kids, when they get older, can legally have access to my safe were the NFA stuff is stored. With a trust you don't have the CLEO sign-off requirement nor the fingerprints requirement.

You do have to legally form a trust and place your wife or good friend or other family memebers on it as trustees. Once that is done you get it notarized and make a few copies of it for when you send in your NFA paperwork. I always send a FULL copy of the trust with my forms instead of what some do and just send the declaration of a trust. HAve done two forms this way and have a third in the ATF's hands as we speak.

I am not one for finding loopholes in the law but this is one I wanted to do as I wanted to have my wife and kids to able to legally access the NFA toys as well. Going this route just saves some time and money but not having to pay for finger print cards or gas to drive to meet the CLEO then drive back to back up the forms. I am sure others will chime in here about a trust but that is the quick and dirty version.

Here are some links to check out.
Form 4 rejected with only cert. of trust

This one is tacked at the top of teh OHTF under Oregon Legal Links...lots of info.
Creating a trust in Oregon
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#18]
for jokes sake, I'm gonna form 1 my right index finger and see how it goes.

See if they will go for that.

Link Posted: 11/22/2007 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
for jokes sake, I'm gonna form 1 my right index finger and see how it goes.

See if they will go for that.

Hard to manufacture a finger, how about form 1ing a turd.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I'll form 1 my shoelaces...

What are BATF specs for engraving fabrics?
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:05:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Just for reference (and to get back on track), I was down at the courthouse (MCSO) on Tuesday 11/6 to drop off out ballots and drop off the Form 4.
Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I suggest you just call them and see....

Did you leave a number for them to call?

Link Posted: 11/22/2007 10:21:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, I dropped my Trident 9 paperwork off on the 6th also, still haven't heard from them yet.  I'll call them for a status check.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 11:28:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Called today. Was told that the Sheriff hasn't signed off any anything yet (since I dropped off on 11/6) and my paperwork is still there.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 4:52:17 AM EDT
[#25]
hmmm they are fucking with you.....as they did to me...

I think the Sheriff does this to off balance our little community.

What a nice bunch of people
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:30:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I OWN PAGE 2!!!

Quoted:
Called today. Was told that the Sheriff hasn't signed off any anything yet (since I dropped off on 11/6) and my paperwork is still there.

+1
I called on Tuesday this week and heard the same thing.  Wish mine took 3 days!  I should have my SWR Omega 30 in over at Pats' place before the sheriff signs this one off most likely.  

Looks like we're getting back to the usual long wait way of doing it again.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#27]
got mine signed in  3 days here in multnomah i was very surprised to get them back so fast From Bernie..
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#28]
IIRC the Form 1 for my little Krinkov came back in about ten days, we're goin on four weeks for a little 22lr suppressor at this point.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:19:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Dropped off my Form 4 for the little SWR 22lr can a couple weeks ago; nothing yet.

I've had good luck dropping off the forms, then waiting a week or so...then calling....using my very "sweetest" voice, I suggest that "I know the Sheriff is extremely busy, but has he had an opportunity to sign my forms yet?"
I usually get them back right away, after that.

I'm not convinced that it is the Sheriff that is so much against us, as is his secretary!
I once received a Form 4 four weeks after I left it at the Marion County Court House.  It had been signed the day after I left it, but it sat around for nearly a month before it was returned to me!
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got the call, mine took about 3 weeks.  On my way out to pick them up.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Got a call from the MCSO this afternoon. My Form 4 is signed.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the Form 4 for the little SWR Warlock suppressor back from Marion County today. It does look like the Sheriff is signing off on suppressors, just took a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top