Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2007 2:57:57 PM EDT
NOthing to do for another hour.. sooooo.. just wanna know.. Who's all gonna show up for the December PR Night match?.. Remember it's only available for folks who have gone to a PR prior to December. No newbies.. and no i'm not a newbie.

I know it's a month away but as long as I my rifle arrives in time i'm definitely there and is anyone going to sight in early?

ETA: to change title and looking at lights.. need some pressure switch type. I know surefire but anybody have recommendations for something under $50??? hehe blah blah Maglightblah duct tape blah blah Unka-boo blah blah.
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Planning on it...
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll only going be going so I can get 1st place again and win a big knife.

I'm pretty rusty, but I'll try.
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'll only going be going so I can get 1st place again and win a big knife.

I'm pretty rusty, but I'll try.

man gonna need some range time myself before the match.. gonna suck if my shit arrives like days before.. YOU gots to get me to the range when it arrives yah hear!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
So is NV pretty much required?
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Liek OMG, liek gunkata wow!
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 6:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!  Sounds like a blast.  I made it to a couple of PR matches over the summer...what are the details about the December match?

I know the night IPSC Match here at ARPC involves a stage of strobe lights, a stage of flashlights, and another stage or two.  How will the stages work for the PR?
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So is NV pretty much required?

I came in first with just a Pentagon X3.

Im not sure if I will be using it this time....
Link Posted: 10/26/2007 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm planning on it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Liek OMG, liek gunkata wow!

I've yet to see you go to one?...

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I won a knife last year too with a $5 LED duct taped to my 6721

This year I'll have a M500A (not sure what the bulb is) with a Eotech on a 6920.  It will be the first time I've not shot irons.

I also have a TactikkaPlus headlamp so I'm not tripping all over the place

ETA:  There's a new moon on the 9th and the match is on the 8th.  It should be very dark this time, especially if it's clear out (no ambient light bouncing off the clouds from Sherwood/Tualatin)

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I won a knife last year too with a $5 LED duct taped to my 6721

This year I'll have a M500A (not sure what the bulb is) with a Eotech on a 6920.  It will be the first time I've not shot irons.

I also have a TactikkaPlus headlamp so I'm not tripping all over the place

ETA:  There's a new moon on the 9th and the match is on the 8th.  It should be very dark this time, especially if it's clear out (no ambient light bouncing off the clouds from Sherwood/Tualatin)

I wonder if a shoulder mounted flood light will be allowed
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
what is that called???
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]
If someone needs a light for a 20" AR I have a surefire that I would be willing to loan out.

Mark.

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I plan to take my Ciener kit and some road flares.
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#17]

What is this called???
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I am unfamiliar with this night shoot you all speak of. Curious as to what kind of gear would be needed? I have a Pentagon X2 on my AR that I usually remove for PR and a TLR-1 on my G21. Should I strap one of my G2 Cree hybrids on also for a little extra light on the rifle?
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/flashlights%20main/images%20for%20pages/sf-hl1_a-tn.jpg

What is this called???

SUREFIRE HL1-A-Tn HELMET LIGHT
Compact, lightweight, watertight, multiple-output unit that can be attached to military PASGT and TC 2000 Modular Integrated Communications (MICH) helmets, as well as caving, climbing, construction, and search-and-rescue helmets.

The Helmet Light uses a single 123A lithium battery, three separate switches, and six light-emitting diodes (LEDs) to produce three different types of light at multiple power levels:

- Primary light - three 5mm white-light LEDs with low, medium, and high output levels

- Secondary light - two 5mm blue-light LEDs with low, medium, and high output levels
- Tertiary IFF light - one 3mm, 880nm infrared LED with continual blinking output

White lights are for general-purpose close-work illumination.

Blue lights serve the same purpose, but in a low-signature, night-vision-friendly color.

Blinking infrared light serves as a personal Identify Friend or Foe (IFF) beacon.

Attaches to thick-rimmed helmets (including MICH helmets) via a close-fitting, low-profile mount that clamps to the left-side rim. Some helmets may require drilling two small holes. Helmet Light unit may be removed separately from mount.

Weatherproof construction
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#21]
that's a nice looking light

Too bad I dont wear a K-pot anymore
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 5:29:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I would like to come out and use the NV, but the flashes they used to signal a hit on a stage or two last year don't mix well with the NV stuff...

I haven't been able to make the last few because of a new work schedule, but am going to try and make this one...

Link Posted: 10/29/2007 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/29/2007 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#24]
I am planning on it, homemade light in tow.  Might even make a better one by then.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Well i ordered my rifle "Phase Plasma Pulse rifle in the 40 Watt Range" however since it's from the future it's taking longer to get to meAt least i won't need a light
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/flashlights%20main/images%20for%20pages/sf-hl1_a-tn.jpg

What is this called???

A light.  DUH!  

AKA a helmet mounted friendly force blinder and team mate anger generating device.

I hate that aspect of night match...  always someone trying to "help" by shining their light on everyone's face.

Link Posted: 10/30/2007 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is this called???

A light.  DUH!  

AKA a helmet mounted friendly force blinder and team mate anger generating device.

I hate that aspect of night match...  always someone trying to "help" by shining their light on everyone's face.

Wear sunglasses?
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Can't wait to see ya in Dec...I'll be the guy shinnin the Surefire M3 in your face.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't wait to see ya in Dec...I'll be the guy shinnin the Surefire M3 in your face.

LOL

Don't forget that guy with the british accent bitching at how you need to only have your light on to aquire your target and then shoot in the dark.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#30]

Don't forget that guy with the british accent bitching at how you need to only have your light on to aquire your target and then shoot in the dark.

Yeah, he about shit when he saw my duct taped light.  He said he heard of them but never actually saw one before.  He'd been proud of me though.  I couldn't keep mine on for anything.
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yeah, he about shit when he saw my duct taped light.  He said he heard of them but never actually saw one before.  He'd been proud of me though.  I couldn't keep mine on for anything.

haha me too.. my craplight was flickering on and off.. one stage the RO used his light.. lol the sadness..
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 2:41:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Or how about the guy who had the stuck bolt and was ramming his riffle butt against the ground while engaging the CH in an attempt to clear it.  The RO yelled at him and he said he couldn't clear it any other way. The RO said, "Well, at least turn off your light then"
Link Posted: 10/30/2007 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Or how about the guy who had the stuck bolt and was ramming his riffle butt against the ground while engaging the CH in an attempt to clear it.  The RO yelled at him and he said he couldn't clear it any other way. The RO said, "Well, at least turn off your light then"

Who did that?.. lol i vaguely remember that. Who was that?
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#34]
He wasn't in our squad.  We were waiting for their squad to finish the stage (our next)when it happened, IIRC

Link Posted: 10/31/2007 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Well, it looks like I just bought a drop in Samson rail. So now I need a light to put on it, then I'll hopefully be able to join in on the nightly fun come December.

Should I go with a Pentagon X3 or L3? It will be in a Larue mount of course.
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well, it looks like I just bought a drop in Samson rail. So now I need a light to put on it, then I'll hopefully be able to join in on the nightly fun come December.

Remember you have to go to the November match to be allowed in on the December match. No newbies in December.
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember you have to go to the November match to be allowed in on the December match. No newbies in December.

I know, I know.

Getting orientated Wednesday (week from today) and will be at the PR match on the following Saturday! Yippee!
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know, I know.

Getting orientated Wednesday (week from today) and will be at the PR match on the following Saturday! Yippee!

Hope to see you there.. hell i hope to be there..
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Anybody have more info on the match?   Max distances you shoot at?   Do you need a light for both your rifle and your pistol?
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Anybody have more info on the match?   Max distances you shoot at?   Do you need a light for both your rifle and your pistol?

Usually "Blueswarrior" or "Cudaterry" will post up the match info weeks before the match. its' a month out so you won't see it yet. I posted this up since the next FunShow is next month and want some ideas.

From previous night matches it's anywhere from close range to 100+ yrds. Pistols were not used last time so it may or may not be used. They will surprise you on that same goes for the knife... always bring a knife.. even if you don't get to use it. Cuz when they do a "Knife Check".. you don't want to be the one saying, "Will my Leatherman Multitool Count?"

Link Posted: 10/31/2007 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Two or three years ago threre was a pistol stage.....so be prepared. It's interesting to say the least...

Crossing my fingers! ( that I can make it )
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 1:45:54 PM EDT
[#42]
I forget.  What time did we finish last year?
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I forget.  What time did we finish last year?

I remember it being around 9:30-10pm cuz of cleaning up and stuff.. but we were all just BS'ing by the can fire/ heaters
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there like a PR check list around somewhere that helps to let you know what gear to bring?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/31/2007 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Is there like a PR check list around somewhere that helps to let you know what gear to bring?

Thanks

Try the sticky up at the top with the PR FAQ:  
www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=381

(that actually needs to be updated, there is now a class before the match.

There isn't really a check list, it is differnet every time. Sometimes there is a pistol stage, sometimes there isn't. Dress for the weather, etc.

I'd say bring a rifle and some ammo at a minimum.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#46]
About what time does this match usually start? I just learned that our company Xmas party is the same night and trying to see if there is any way to swing this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:31:22 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
About what time does this match usually start? I just learned that our company Xmas party is the same night and trying to see if there is any way to swing this.

5:30-6pm I think.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I was told by TangoFoxTrot that we usually start at 5pm and signup is like 4:30pm.. soo it's first come first serve to the 100yrd range for last min sighting and photo ops..
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#49]
 CX4 With  Light andSTX Dot sight and XD 40 W mounted light.
Link Posted: 11/1/2007 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Never miss the night match.

"Own the night and the battlefield is yours"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top