Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2007 1:00:51 PM EDT
The sights on my Buckmark + Tactical Solutions barrel are just classic black suare front and square rear notch.

When shooting in low light, or against a dark backstop, actually seeing the sights can be a challenge.

So, I ordered a set of Williams Firesights from Brownells - not cheap, even with the C&R discount.

They arrived today.

So I quickly removed the front sight, and plopped on the new one.

Hmm.. it sticks out over the threaded portion by ~ 1/8".

*@&!#! !!!

Anyone have any other ideas for visible sights that will work with a TacSol threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a solution but in the interim have you tried some day-glo modeler's paint on the front sight? Even if not day-glo a dob of silver paint on the front sight would probably help quite a bit.

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I don't have a solution but in the interim have you tried some day-glo modeler's paint on the front sight? Even if not day-glo a dob of silver paint on the front sight would probably help quite a bit.

I actually doctored up my wife's .22 (Colt) this way a while ago. I actually used a thin strip of white plastic (label making tape), and that has worked, and stayed in place for several years.

This time, I wanted to do it properly...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I decided to think like a gunsmith and came up with one option:

Grind off about 1/8" of the sight and paint the exposed metal black

Hmm... maybe not ...

So what I did end up doing cost me about 1" of sight radius: I put it on backwards

Doesn't look too bad, especially with the can attached

I also ordered a HiViz front sight. It *looks* as though it may be shorter where it matters.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You know...  this thread would be more useful with photos...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top