Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 9:30:19 AM EDT
Most of you remember when I did this..........

then I picked up a replacement....( sorry 'bout the bad pic, fogot to take a daylight "before"..)

Well, 9 months later, I finally got to spend some time with it....

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#1]
The first car I bought when I moved to America/Oregon was one of those.
Went "exploring" Oregon in it with my son -- just tried to remember the advice I was given about Jeeps -- They allow you to get stuck further off the road than almost any other car.

I have replaced it a few times now, always with a new Jeep though
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#2]
How did that airbag taste?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]

"Like chicken"

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sweet! I had one of those in the stock configuration. I liked it other than the V8 it had sucked bad. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for myself. I have my 2000 GC that will either get some off road goodies or I'll get another project jeep. I have a '89 mustang with a SC that I've just not spent ANY time with the past few years. After a friend died a few years back in a motorcycle crash my need for speed has waned a bit and I miss my '75 Cherokee Chief something fierce. Mmuuummmmm mudders.

Between you and Twisted Jake you'll have my new toy done in a flash ...... right?

Seriously, the jeep looks really nice. I like the black rim look. Now needs a safari rack and a winch/bumper up front.What size tires you fit under there?

If it were me, I'd just do some simple mods to the one you have......$2K can go a long way if you pick the right stuff. And come right off if you decide to sell....

I think initially, I had about $700 in the lift kit, and $750 in the wheels/tires. I was able to salvage the entire lift kit off of the old Jeep, minus one wheel that was damaged. So, realistically I lifted this one for $80  Well, not really, but it sounds good!

The tires are TRXUS ( Interco/Swamper ) all-terrain 31-11.50's. You don't see too many people with them, so kinda unique. They ride well for a daily driver.

And yes, a rack is in the future.....I need a trip to Clackamas steel!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
im finally about to put something a little bigger on my YJ wrangler.

Tuesday Im having 33x12.5 Toyo mud terrains put on with some new front leaf springs and new shocks all the way around.

Im going to try and just get away with putting extended leaf spring shackles on for now with no extra lift.  Im sure there is going to be some rub, but I dont have all the cash right now to put on the spring over axle conversion that I want so badly!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Ohh,  and what the H happened to your cherokee Boo??    looks like you tried running in to a boulder a little to fast.

They call them rock crawlers for a reason dont ya know
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:50:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ohh,  and what the H happened to your cherokee Boo??    looks like you tried running in to a boulder a little to fast.

They calm them rock crawlers for a reason dont ya know

Back last november, I was miking a left from 17th, onto Holgate, had just completed my turn when a guy driving another Cherokee (!!!!!) turned wide onto Holgate from the other direction. He hit me, pushing me into oncoming traffic and subsequently into the concrete embutments that surround one of the man-gates at the Tri-Met yard...

Grand Cherokees and concrete walls DON'T mix...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's still a grocery grabber......................
Just better suited for the urban scrapping now  (jumpin curbs)  

Hmmmmmm.....and where are all the pics of you wheelin' the Ford???
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmmmmm.....and where are all the pics of you wheelin' the Ford???

Which one?

The bronco or the green wheenie?
or any of my old toy trucks?

(been there, done that)

And for what it's worth, long wheel bases suck for that, you know that

Just roustin ya boo, it looks much better than the soccer mom rig it started out to be............................................

Dude.....I was givin you shit......did I strike a nerve??

Sad part is, till we get another family ride in a few years it prolly won't see much more than a gravel road...
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#13]
And here I hoped you had Rhino-lined the whole thing to get rid of that ugly purple color!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
And here I hoped you had Rhino-lined the whole thing to get rid of that ugly purple color!

if you guys have some good leeds on the rhino lining, or all the other imation stuff, thats another thing I need to have done to the inside of my wrangler.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

if you guys have some good leeds on the rhino lining, or all the other imation stuff, thats another thing I need to have done to the inside of my wrangler.

Warhound and TwistedJake are likely your best sources of info for that around here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I prefer mine a little closer to the ground.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s45/cape_hunter/cam.jpg

Only rednecks drive camaros. But there's something not right about it....where's the rust? Where's the primer!?
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only rednecks drive camaros. But there's something not right about it....where's the rust? Where's the primer!?

On the other side!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other side!

Dude......grow your Mullet now, or I lose all respect for you.......
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other side!

From the guy with the Damn Yankees tape!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other side!

Cape + Camaro + Mullet = TODD!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't think Cape can grow a mullet anymore. It'll turn into a "skullet"/"forcekullet"

www.mulletjunky.com/skullet.htm
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:37:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other side!

Cape + Camaro + Mullet = TODD!
www.beavis-butthead.ru/images/capture/3.jpg

Even GWB thinks it rocks!

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Oh please.  The last time someone called my Grand Cherokee a Soccer mom car it was bad Karma for them.

I was locating cell tower sites and doing some subsurface soil sampling.  All the ATT sites along I-5 from Cottage Grove to Dunsmuir and along the Coast from Coos Bay to Ukiah CA.  Anyway the ATT guys had leased Ford trucks at about $900 per week (can you imagine paying $900 for a Ford. Then having to pay for it again in a week?)  We were heading up to do a site outside of Winston OR.  Anyway these guys met me at the freeway exit so I could show them the way.  One of the jokers made the comment that  they should take the lead once we got to the mountain just incase my "station wagon" couldn't make it I wouldn't be blocking the road (it basically was an old skid road - not a road).
Well that pissed me off and I drove to the top.  About an hour later (after I had completed resistivity tests) these guys come huffing and puffing up the hill.  One had slid off the road into the trees and the other got stuck trying pull him out.  I got my cable and pulled them both out.  

There is a reason they call them Jeep trails and not Ford trails.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:14:04 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh please.  The last time someone called my Grand Cherokee a Soccer mom car it was bad Karma for them.

I was locating cell tower sites and doing some subsurface soil sampling.  All the ATT sites along I-5 from Cottage Grove to Dunsmuir and along the Coast from Coos Bay to Ukiah CA.  Anyway the ATT guys had leased Ford trucks at about $900 per week (can you imagine paying $900 for a Ford. Then having to pay for it again in a week?)  We were heading up to do a site outside of Winston OR.  Anyway these guys met me at the freeway exit so I could show them the way.  One of the jokers made the comment that  they should take the lead once we got to the mountain just incase my "station wagon" couldn't make it I wouldn't be blocking the road (it basically was an old skid road - not a road).
Well that pissed me off and I drove to the top.  About an hour later (after I had completed resistivity tests) these guys come huffing and puffing up the hill.  One had slid off the road into the trees and the other got stuck trying pull him out.  I got my cable and pulled them both out.  

There is a reason they call them Jeep trails and not Ford trails.

Trouble is they called them jeep trails when jeeps hade flat fenders and no back doors!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the other side!

LOL there is actually a CameroMullet classification!

Second one down. Mullets

assets2.sparkpeople.com/assets/diet/emoticons/e32.gif

Yea but it is a weak one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top