Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2007 9:51:05 PM EDT

I've always used a brass brush and slotted patch holder to clean my barrels, but people say JAGS are the way to go.  But before I try and use a JAG to clean my gun I need to know how to properly use it.  I know it seems like a TOTAL n00b question to you pro's but I've never seen it done and would hate to fvck up my barrel learning.

Any pic's of how to put the patch on the JAG?

Who makes a good JAG?

Things to remember when using a JAG?

Any help would be great.  Thanks!

.......oh and please dont beat me toooo bad for being a n00b.......... thats the reason I posted this in the HomeTown Forum in hopes I don't get the "you retard" and "oh not this shit again" posts.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Jesus!  Not this shit again.

You retarded NooB!

I've never used one either...

Mark.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Whats a Jag?

(really I do know, but have never used one either.... I use a Boresnake for just about everything)
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#3]
use a round patch and center the point of the jag on the patch.  The only real thing to remember is that jags are "one way", so if you can, they should go in the breach and come off when you clear the mussel.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:49:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I know how I'd use Catherine Bell, does that count?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whats a Jag?

(really I do know, but have never used one either.... I use a Boresnake for just about everything)

What he said. Boresnakes work great and you don't need to bother with patches.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I've used boresnakes and jags and it seems as though the jags get more stuff out.  You get the proper cleaning rod and screw the brass jag on to the end of it.  There is a sharp point to the jag -- you have a cleaning patch of the correct size and press it onto the sharp point of the jag.  Then you put whatever solution onto the patch and push it through the barrel and pull it off the jag once it pops out at the muzzle end.  There's not much to it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:01:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
use a round patch and center the point of the jag on the patch.  The only real thing to remember is that jags are "one way", so if you can, they should go in the breach and come off when you clear the mussel.

What do you have against seafood?
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 10:18:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know how I'd use Catherine Bell, does that count?

WeRd!!!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
google.com

Thank you very much for that exceptional link.  Quite helpful.

Mark.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
google.com

Hater

Thanks for the info guys!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Boresnakes for the win.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
google.com

Mark.

sorry, here  www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=how+to+use+a+cleaning+jag&btnG=Search
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 6:23:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
google.com

Mark.

sorry, here  www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=how+to+use+a+cleaning+jag&btnG=Search

Nevermind...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top